Dog vests

Royboy

My dog is recovering from a nasty wound on his chest so he's not working at the minute and not a happy boy !

Does anybody use a dog vest ? If so do they help protect from barbed wire etc ??

Cheers

Trouble with a vest on a hard working dog is it can lead to issues with them over heating , they are really best suited to dogs that are going to be sat around not doing much apart from the odd retrieve such as wildfowling.

My dog is recovering from a nasty wound on his chest so he's not working at the minute and not a happy boy !

Does anybody use a dog vest ? If so do they help protect from barbed wire etc ??

Cheers

I know your pain, my gwp had we think a sharp stick rip her open arround her shoulder on Saturday. First proper injury in 8 years beating and very sorry for herself.

Jacket wise it's been warm I'm not sure it wouldn't do more harm than good, injuries are fairly rare where I beat but they do happen.

Upland chest protectors work well for barbwire and puncturing sticks........I had two dogs impale themselves on sharp sticks hunting pheasants.......they are designed to cover the chest and under side of the ribs, well keeping the dogs cool.

look here http://www.flushandpoint.com/products.asp?id=16

They look a great idea, they would allow them to breath better and stay cool ?

I know your pain, my gwp had we think a sharp stick rip her open arround her shoulder on Saturday. First proper injury in 8 years beating and very sorry for herself.

Jacket wise it's been warm I'm not sure it wouldn't do more harm than good, injuries are fairly rare where I beat but they do happen.

Yeah it's horrible, I can't believe how much dogs can take though ! Put Tyson to shame !