Any tips for

Andra

Hey Andra, It might be worth having a look on youtube at HuntersVermin's channel. He does a fair amount of shooting round cattle sheds with an underlever (HW97kt I think). As basics go, you have to be prepared to have several positions and move between them as the birds soon wise up to where becomes unsafe to sit.

Shooting around buildings inevitably brings about an increased risk of ricochets - especially with a .177 - so picking the angles of your targets and knowing what's behind it becomes a bit more tricky. Keep yourself in the shadows and look to take birds in the light as that will help you stay hidden from them.

Hope that helps

have they really got cattle sheds in Scotland ??? I always thought it was loch,s

seriously though ,, find somewhere out the way, keep very very still around where the feed is and you should do ok

That.

They are very clever and very observant so stay hidden and don't move around too much. If you can cleanly kill one maggie without being seen then it's mate will come down to have a look so you can often get a couple close together but I have found that jackdaws and crows kick up a fuss and don't settle again for a long time.