HOT SPOT TREATMENT

NickB65

Just found a little hot spot at the top of Blues leg and I was wondering what people use to treat hot spots?

I can take him to the vet and they will offer antibiotics, creams steroids and god knows what but before I go down the money train I wondered if anyone had any proven treatments

Just found a little hot spot at the top of Blues leg and I was wondering what people use to treat hot spots?

I can take him to the vet and they will offer antibiotics, creams steroids and god knows what but before I go down the money train I wondered if anyone had any proven treatments

Take him to vet

This time of the year don't mess about it'll only get worse

Edited by Old farrier

Well I purchased some NUSTOCK from the internet and after one application and three days the hot spot is gone. Yes it stinks and tastes terrible but that means Blue didn't lick the stuff and I am really pleased with the results...

Yes I will keep an eye on the area but so far I am impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

change food for any skin irritation on dogs if you need creams etc use whatever you would use on yourself as all meds tested on animals before being sold to humans

change food for any skin irritation on dogs if you need creams etc use whatever you would use on yourself as all meds tested on animals before being sold to humans

Not all human drugs are suitable for other animals and not all animal drugs are suitable for humans.

There are species variations on drug dosage and reaction.

Please check before using human preparations on animals.