shotgun thinking about adding fac

defender

Thinking of a 22lr semi auto for range shooting, had my SGC for 4 years and have a few shotguns.

Been to a range and had a go of a 308 but that's too much really so I thought a 22lr would be cheap to run and buy.

Thing is I've only been to the range at Boar over Glossop and I don't know if that is a range that I could get a fac for a 22lr for.

Thinking of a 22lr semi auto for range shooting, had my SGC for 4 years and have a few shotguns.

Been to a range and had a go of a 308 but that's too much really so I thought a 22lr would be cheap to run and buy.

Thing is I've only been to the range at Boar over Glossop and I don't know if that is a range that I could get a fac for a 22lr for.

At the Boar you could apply for an FAC for virtually any calibre you fancy. Owner told me it was rated up to .50 cal. So if you`re a member there you will have no problems getting a .22rf.

I see you`re in Yorkshire but it doesn`t say which part. So I`ll let you know that Sycamore shooting ground has a .22 range. Might be closer to you.

Final tip, if you are going to apply for FAC put .22rf on your application rather than .22lr. It opens up a few more options on what you can buy.

At the Boar you could apply for an FAC for virtually any calibre you fancy. Owner told me it was rated up to .50 cal. So if you`re a member there you will have no problems getting a .22rf.

I see you`re in Yorkshire but it doesn`t say which part. So I`ll let you know that Sycamore shooting ground has a .22 range. Might be closer to you.

Final tip, if you are going to apply for FAC put .22rf on your application rather than .22lr. It opens up a few more options on what you can buy.

Thanks for the tip, I'm in Huddersfield so it's over holme moss to get to the boar for me (at least its scenic)

few miles further to sycamore but its probably worth a visit for something different.