Finally given up

Davyo

Well after a couple of years selling stuff & then starting again I have finally getting rid of everything.The guns are getting collected tomorrow by my RFD to sell on commission and my FAC/SGC are ready with a letter to be handed over to FEO tomorrow afternoon.This time however I don't have that niggley feeling like I'm doing the wrong thing like before.Gun cabinet is now off the wall and ready to go so that's all that's left.Have some great memories and they will stay with me forever,from coughing my guts up shooting on the combine,my 1st 6 pointer to my final shot almost 5 weeks ago,Charlie out @ 247mtrs.

Edited by Davyo

Bored,tired,too old where do I start,I will still be actively involved though,but more on an organising level.We have a new syndicate where I find myself very busy & then there is organising decoying throughout the year. I have the ferreters in now so i have those to manage over the winter so plenty to keep me busy but won't have any need to lift a barrel again.

I think this years harvest finished me off,driving home at silly o'clock after a night out on the stubble.

Edited by Davyo

sorry to hear that davyo but thanks for all the help you gave myself an many others onyour night vision topics and I hope you still have an input on pwatb dolphin

I'm still making stuff for the local lads, & one luck PW member drut just left my house 20 mins ago with a Pulsar N750a for the bargain price of ยฃ650,I paid ยฃ1249 for it in Sept 2015.

Edited by Davyo

Well after a couple of years selling stuff & then starting again I have finally getting rid of everything.The guns are getting collected tomorrow by my RFD to sell on commission and my FAC/SGC are ready with a letter to be handed over to FEO tomorrow afternoon.This time however I don't have that niggley feeling like I'm doing the wrong thing like before.Gun cabinet is now off the wall and ready to go so that's all that's left.Have some great memories and they will stay with me forever,from coughing my guts up shooting on the combine,my 1st 6 pointer to my final shot almost 5 weeks ago,Charlie out @ 247mtrs.

Thinking the same myself, and I'm not even that old. Don't get the same buzz out of it as I used too, after Christmas maybe.

if you are happy in your decision then it will probably be the right one.

ย 

hope you keep posting though as your posts are always a good read.

ย 

you have always seemed like a proper gent, as my 6 year old will confirm as you sent him an xbox game free of charge.

ย 

best wishes

ย 

belly

I know you have posted a few times about giving up the shooting, but I thought you had found your middle ground with being involved in running the syndicate and other bits and pieces along with the occasional run out with the gun yourself.

ย 

Not so long ago really that you did up your last Jimmy with the vertical gun rack and getting the barrel shortened.

ย 

If you are giving it up with no regret and are content with where you're head is at then it is the right choice for you and that is all that really counts. Do what makes you happy :)

hey davyo can I be cheeky and ask how old u are,its just that I,m 66 now had my left leg amputated when I was 21,got prostrate cancer as well now but couldn,t dream of packing up even though am knackered trudging across fields with gear,but been doin it since I was about 13 year old,so maybe I,ll give up one day.

hey davyo can I be cheeky and ask how old u are,its just that I,m 66 now had my left leg amputated when I was 21,got prostrate cancer as well now but couldn,t dream of packing up even though am knackered trudging across fields with gear,but been doin it since I was about 13 year old,so maybe I,ll give up one day.

Wow your an insperation,I'm 53 but will still be active as I'm doing the feeding up on the syndicate,organising work parties ect.I just don't find the time to lift the barrels anymore and I have plenty of guns in the sydicate to do all the decoying plus 4 lads off PW. Rabbits I have a team of ferreters and a lad on the rimmy,Foxes I will just get someone in & also someone to take a few deer out( and fill my freezer lol).

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and I will certainly not be leaving PW.There are to many characters on here and as sad as it sounds I check it 1st thing on a morning,during my break times at work & dip into it practically all night.I have also had the pleasure to meet a few PW members and there are plenty I'd like to meet in the future.PW is such a good forum & is an avenue that enables newbies to get into shooting as there is always someone willing to give advise or even take someone under their wing.It gets a bit controversial at times & even I am guilty of ending up on the naughty step. But this is what makes PW such a valuable avenue for us all to natter,bicker and make friendships,plus there nowt on the tele these days

Atb

Dave

I Tip My Hat to Sir and long may you continue to enjoy your sport.

ย 

OP you to enjoy your Future

Hi Davey. I know you keep struggling to make up your mind whether to shoot or stop or just go mountain biking or whatever and only you know what's best. All I'll say is whatever you do, keep in touch mate whether on here or Facebook or text. A true gent and a top bloke! Hope you have fun running the shoot pal๐Ÿ‘

Hi Davey. I know you keep struggling to make up your mind whether to shoot or stop or just go mountain biking or whatever and only you know what's best. All I'll say is whatever you do, keep in touch mate whether on here or Facebook or text. A true gent and a top bloke! Hope you have fun running the shoot pal

Cheers Paul,you know that your always welcome and can come and shoot when ever you want.Everythings gone now,RFD is comming in the morning to collect the guns,Cabinets bolts have been loosened off and nipped back up so that can come off the wall quick in the morning.

Have a few bits and bobs I have around the garage that people can have for free,but I want them to go to newbies to get em started,guy from Sunderland comming for some decoys and nets to get him started.

Mates spaniel thought he was being made redundant but couldn't cut it as a child's birthday party entertainer.

post-30855-0-81722100-1447888048_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Davyo

I know exactly how you feel . I am a bit older than you at 72 and have given up stalking and sold my .308 . I do not want to shoot deer any more and would rather see them walking about the farms rather than shoot them . Been involved in stalking for 50 years or so and have decided that it doesn't appeal to me any more . I am still a very active pigeon shooter and am out 4 or 5 days a week through out the year ,although I now tend to go out a little bit later and go home a little bit earlier .

ย 

Harnser