Saga ended ,Eventually got my licences

AULD YIN

So my licences were due to terminate on 8th October but was advised by police scotland to put them in early (coterminous),,, on 26th June handed the paperwork in and got it all checked out by the civi staff in the fettes ,all okay paid my £65 poonds,,got my temp cert on the 7th October (runs for two months) ,checked today to see if it was ready and it was so drove to fettes to pick it up,,,civi staff was extremely helpful over the nearly 5 months.Beat police who now do the checks checked with both my referees (a first) checked with my doctor (another first) seems everything by the book ,not knocking them as he did phone me twice to update ,but my old FEO know's me and my setup ,wish he was still doing it now, don't think it would have taken nearly five months for a renewal and a fair wee bit of stress on my part .This was my 5th coterminous renewal.

johnnie

Edited by AULD YIN

Five months,,,,,,

Top marks to who ever gave you the nod to start early.

Actually read about the waiting time on PW so went in to fettes to ask ,picked up the renewal forms then and there,funny part was getting a reminder 2 months later that my licences where up for renewal and asked if i could fill in the forms and get them in as soon as possible the civi staff fell about laughing when i informed them the forms had been in two months,as i said to them at the time jokingly ,this fills me with confidence.

johnnie

Seems to be the usual for Central Scotland at the moment, a friend waiting 6 months for a coterminous grant/renewal (Had FAC, wanted coterminous, but prieviously had his SGC years ago) and they were the same, checked everything and anything, referees, doctors. Very thorough and by the book. It's a shame about the FEO's because once they've been doing it for a few years you get to know them and vice versa and it makes life a bit easier, and their job abit easier too.

Oh dear!! I am due for renewal in April and was going to apply for FAC at that time. SACS advised I should apply in January as that should be fine, I was told. I am only 20miles from you so presume I am going to have issues! I will apply in December when I get home then!!!! The joys!

It's the same down south. I put my co terminous paperwork in in months ago and I haven't heard anything at all. They say that as long as the paperwork is in the system then your OK. It doesn't worry me how long they take. I've got plenty of lead in stock and if I needed something someone would get it for me or I would manufacture stuff.

Seems to be the usual for Central Scotland at the moment, a friend waiting 6 months for a coterminous grant/renewal (Had FAC, wanted coterminous, but prieviously had his SGC years ago) and they were the same, checked everything and anything, referees, doctors. Very thorough and by the book. It's a shame about the FEO's because once they've been doing it for a few years you get to know them and vice versa and it makes life a bit easier, and their job abit easier too.

Having all of those aiguns to license will make them even busier!