Deer poaching

kennett

I've found air rifle pellets in them, so it came as no surprise to hear of a quickly retracted post on one of the air rifle Facebook pages of some **** posing with two dead fallow does (out of season) and his FAC bullpup air rifle.

Poaching deer at night is commonplace here. Seemingly a 'sport' growing in popularity. Of course, if you didn't get over £2 per kilo then perhaps it would not be quite so tempting to break the law?

.......... and since the law regarding shooting deer at night was introduced there has not been a single conviction, madness considering how much of it goes on.

Edited by Redgum

Last year I was sitting up my tower waiting for a fox when about 11.45 a car drives down the road at the end of the field flicking a lamp about it carried on past and out of sight. About 1.45 I spotted a light through a belt of trees further down the road, so I climbed down walked to the road and looked through NV two blokes with a 4x4 and trailer with a dead red hind tied up a tree. No mobile signal so I walked back to my truck got my light force and battery walked to about 500 yards away near some nice cover and lit them up. The result was amazing from where they were to the road was about 400 yards and I reckon the trailer only touched the ground 2 or 3 times. I got the reg no and reported it but never heard anything. Still makes me laugh when I think of it.

Last year I was sitting up my tower waiting for a fox when about 11.45 a car drives down the road at the end of the field flicking a lamp about it carried on past and out of sight. About 1.45 I spotted a light through a belt of trees further down the road, so I climbed down walked to the road and looked through NV two blokes with a 4x4 and trailer with a dead red hind tied up a tree. No mobile signal so I walked back to my truck got my light force and battery walked to about 500 yards away near some nice cover and lit them up. The result was amazing from where they were to the road was about 400 yards and I reckon the trailer only touched the ground 2 or 3 times. I got the reg no and reported it but never heard anything. Still makes me laugh when I think of it.

You only wanted the deer for yourself, we know :lol:

Bit of a hijack here, is it legal to put deer nuts out to feed deer then shoot them......by the way I don't shoot deer and have little interest in doing so just putting fact to a recent story local to me.....

Yep nought wrong with that, I have used this technique myself so I can cull animals in a safe place, deer just love peanuts.