The Kiss of Death

pigeon controller

Its always the same , when I receive a text in the week asking for pigeons you go out and struggle. I can only shoot today this week as I'm supporting my daughter who is completing a charity run on Saturday. So picked DB up this morning and headed to the two venues we shot last week in the rain. We arrived at the stubble barley and could not see a bird. We watched it for twenty minutes and no birds flew across the fields, so we decided to drive the fields to check if any birds were down already. As we entered the last field we saw birds down hard in the valley of the field and a good one hundred and fifty lifted off so we decided the set up . In the next two hours we shot twelve birds that returned and decided to move.

On the second farm as we drove up the drive we had birds all over the place and as we arrived at the fields we could see why, the farmer was driving round the edges of the fields and removeing low branches , this was spooking the birds . We scanned the field and the birds were settling under the oaks after acorns so we set up under the three we shot last week. It was now 13.45 and we shot till 15.30 and had a further twenty three. DB went to shoot the roost and had a further twelve. The wind was very strong and cold and the birds did not want to decoy to our normal methods so it was a frustrating day all round but thats" Pigeon Shooting"

3e35b431-c618-479b-8d93-37f51d0fa460_zps

You would be amazed what that TASH can tickle? ?????

i was going to make a comment or two.................but for once i considered the consequences.....and that the posting would be open to the world to appreciate...so in my newly aquired wisdom i thought better of it....