FX Rifles

Big Gnat

I've been into Airguns and hunting with Airguns for 40 years.

Had way to many to mention on here, but since getting my 1st FX rifle a couple of years ago and another two since I have to say what a great selection of rifles they have. You rarely see FX guns being sold on the forums which tells you people are keeping them.

They are a very innovative company always looking to improve on performance , bringing a variety and style to each addition to their range of about 12 rifles.

Which leads me to criticise my old favourites AA ,BSA, Theoben, Wuerauch, etc

Who have produced some great guns.

But have never really moved with the times

, the systems they adopted 20 yrs ago have never been improved much apart from a regulator being added or a cocking arm change.

All now look very dated and the forums are now full of these for sale.

What do you think?

I can agree with you on some points but not others,

firstly theoben cant really improve due to not existing anymore, as for air arms I personally think they have produced some stunning rifles in the last 20 years,just have a look at the FTP900 , teething problems at first but a superbly accurate rifle,they also have the HFT 500, an awesome piece of kit and certainly an improvement on the s400,

then take BSA,, they have brought out the Goldstar,,certainly an improvement on the mercury that's for sure,

now take the Weihrauch,,they do look like they havn,t changed for years, but as the saying goes," why change something that isn,t broke, when something is built to last it certainly lasts,

As for Daystate well all I can say is they have advanced more than the others BUT solely by using electronics, nice but in reality not really needed , Daystate have moved with the times more than any other company, just compare the huntsman mk1 and the pulsar, by the way I,m not a lover of the pulsar,,

the whole point that I,m trying to make is

" WHAT CAN BE DONE MORE,,,TO PROJECT A MISSILE WITH AIR "

not a lot really other than moderating to make the rifle more consistent