geese on stubble

rheth

hi all,my perm this season has a few fields of stubble that is being left till next year and one of them has been getting visited by around 200 greys we shot it on Saturday morning shot 4 packed up happy so as to leave the rest of arrivals in peace.drove past today and watched around 70 dropping into same field I'm totally new to goose shooting the guy in the gunshop gave some good advice on cartridges to use so stocked up on those my question is how long will the geese come into the field if we shoot it once a week or could it be shot more often.we are arriving at field about 6.30 and packing up about 8, will they move on to pastures new and if so when.

you lucky man !!!

I wish they would visit my permissions I would love a crack at them .

had an invite down to leeds from a guy last year as I fancied a go at shooting / decoying them , but as my luck always goes none tuned up we could hear them in the dark of the morning just before sunrise but none came into range .

if I were you I,d make the most of them..............

the field they are on now isn't the biggest the other 5 fields all border each other will they move onto these after exhausting first field and just work their way round farm.

yeh probs,but just don't over shoot it,shoot a brace or 3 each then go...that way they mite just keep coming back as long as your not giving them welly or they will be off...keep it sensible and they will return each season if your lucky could just be passing thru if you now what I mean...good luck fella!!!

the field they are on now isn't the biggest the other 5 fields all border each other will they move onto these after exhausting first field and just work their way round farm.

You would be far better off not shooting them at all on the fields they are feeding on. Watch and study there flight lines and shoot them on the way in that way the Geese will feed undisturbed and could offer you plenty off flight shooting.Another thing I do when I've taken people is not only restrict numbers shot but also restrict the number of Skeins shot at to hopefully only educate a small number of the Geese

Well done on your result and restraint in numbers shot

Top Man.

• 4 weeks later...