18650 battery where to buy

Guest rimotu66

Guest rimotu66

Does anyone know of any high street shops that sell them? Maplins do not. I have rang my local vaping shop and they have Brillipower 40A 18650 2600mah for £9.99 but I do not know how good they are. I need one for tonight.

Guest rimotu66

Rick, pm sent.

Harry thanks but I need one for tonight, I always buy them from ludicrous lumens as I do not trust amazon or ebay sellers with things like batteries.

Edited by rimotu66

Guest rimotu66

(Didnt mean to hit post)

...Iv never seen them in shops, so guess youl struggle to get some for tonight.

No problem, I will go and get one from my local vape shop and see how it goes. Cheers.

Guest rimotu66

I have six now from my old lappy battery, did not need to de-solder as the 'tabs' peeled off nicely, all tested in my T50 torch and all ok, just charging them up now for a night out with my NV.

I would be a bit wary of using recycled laptop batteries, as they have no protection circuits on each cell (normally mounted in the casing at one end). This can cause problems when charging (of the bang/catching fire kind). Commercially available 18650s almost always have the protection circuits built in, to prevent over-charging or over-discharging.

Not dismissing CP's post because there can be issues that usually stem from charging multiple cells with a single circuit.

I have used umpteen unprotected 18650 cells for yonks in umpteen devices with no issues.

I only use quality chargers that analyse each cell - in separate circuits umpteen times in the charge process.

Guest rimotu66

Now you have me concerned, up to know 4 out of the six have charged ok and did not get hot, hardly got warm in fact, the other two are charging as we speak. The worry is I only have the cheap Chinese charger that came from Ludicrous Lumens and has the small moulded plug without a fuse.

Dave can you suggest a good charger please.

rim......I've bought my batteries and chargers from Torchy the Battery Boy for several years now, very reliable and the genuine article.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Ilove-Torchythebatteryboy?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

His website is worth a visit too, if only for the info on the risks of using duff stuff.

Cheers

Fizz

:ninja:

Now you have me concerned, up to know 4 out of the six have charged ok and did not get hot, hardly got warm in fact, the other two are charging as we speak. The worry is I only have the cheap Chinese charger that came from Ludicrous Lumens and has the small moulded plug without a fuse.

Dave can you suggest a good charger please.

These give constant information readouts for any given cell as they are charging, if you want info on one of the other cells you simply cycle the info switch to that cell. Given the cells cost you nothing I'd say GWAN treat yerself.

I'll bet that cheapo charger doesn't pack as much in the cells either - let us know please. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NITECORE-D4-LCD-INTELLICHARGER-18650-26650-IMR-UNIVERSAL-LIFEP04-BATTERY-CHARGER-/231740775604?hash=item35f4d39cb4:g:AaMAAOSwA4dWNw24

Edited by Dave-G

rim......I've bought my batteries and chargers from Torchy the Battery Boy for several years now, very reliable and the genuine article.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Ilove-Torchythebatteryboy?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

His website is worth a visit too, if only for the info on the risks of using duff stuff.

Cheers

Fizz

:ninja:

+1 see what he says about the capacity of the 18650 i have some from him and they last noticeably longer

These give constant information readouts for any given cell as they are charging, if you want info on one of the other cells you simply cycle the info switch to that cell. Given the cells cost you nothing I'd say GWAN treat yerself.

I'll bet that cheapo charger doesn't pack as much in the cells either - let us know please. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NITECORE-D4-LCD-INTELLICHARGER-18650-26650-IMR-UNIVERSAL-LIFEP04-BATTERY-CHARGER-/231740775604?hash=item35f4d39cb4:g:AaMAAOSwA4dWNw24

Unlikely to buy a genuine Nitecore charger from the bay. I know from my own experience, but does not necessarily mean they are no good.

I got one and found it to be a clone but still use it. Have look at Nitecore site for more information..

Guest rimotu66

Thanks for the replies guys, I will get a better charger and also have a look on torchyboys site. I did go out tonight and have just got back in, school boy error going out with a full moon and no cloud cover, I saw 3 rabbits on one of my fields, none on the other 3 and not a sign of a fox, gave up in the end and came home to a roaring coal fire and a glass of scotch.

Unlikely to buy a genuine Nitecore charger from the bay. I know from my own experience, but does not necessarily mean they are no good.

I got one and found it to be a clone but still use it. Have look at Nitecore site for more information..

Thanks for the heads up - I'll have a look.

Thanks for the replies guys, I will get a better charger and also have a look on torchyboys site. I did go out tonight and have just got back in, school boy error going out with a full moon and no cloud cover, I saw 3 rabbits on one of my fields, none on the other 3 and not a sign of a fox, gave up in the end and came home to a roaring coal fire and a glass of scotch.

You and me both mate. Was like walking around under floodlights. Managed to bag a couple but saw so many runners. Always another day though.