EU firearms licensing directive

shootgun

Well, looks like the EU did it again, new gun and licensing laws coming our way.

The compulsory medical test sounds legit to me, is compulsory in many EU countries. I wonder what did they mean by ''bringing the collectors and sound moderators within the scope of the directive'' though... :hmm:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This came through from BASC today...

Q&A on proposals to amend
the EU Firearms Directive

Following recent terrorist atrocities the European Commission has published a set of proposed changes to the EU Firearms Directive.

The proposals include :

Introduction of a five-year ceiling to certificate life

Introduction of a standard medical test for applicants

Bringing collectors and sound moderators within the scope of the directive.

This was as a response to the recent terrorist atrocities!!!!

So has the question been asked "who issued these terrorists" with their certificates for their AK47's? I think we should all be informed which force granted them so they can be made accountable? How many of them had a legally held sound moderator?
It may be a little naïve to suggest that maybe they didn't have them legally!!! So why clobber the law abiding once again?

Doctors are voicing concern at a possible requirement to provide the authorities with a report/opinion on patients over 70 years of age and their fitness or otherwise to drive a motor vehicle, citing doctor/patient confidentiality! It occurs to me that the same would apply to a doctor being required to provide a report/opinion to the authorities on the suitability of a patient to hold a gun licence!

This came through from BASC today...

Q&A on proposals to amend

the EU Firearms Directive

Following recent terrorist atrocities the European Commission has published a set of proposed changes to the EU Firearms Directive.

The proposals include :

Introduction of a five-year ceiling to certificate life

Introduction of a standard medical test for applicants

Bringing collectors and sound moderators within the scope of the directive.

This was as a response to the recent terrorist atrocities!!!!

So has the question been asked "who issued these terrorists" with their certificates for their AK47's? I think we should all be informed which force granted them so they can be made accountable? How many of them had a legally held sound moderator?

It may be a little naïve to suggest that maybe they didn't have them legally!!! So why clobber the law abiding once again?

I got the email as well. Can anyone explain to me the causal link please......?

I think it's despicable for the anti gun mob in Europe to launch this attack on law abiding gun owners by using the latest attack by the bearded zealots as leverage.

I've just got my Firearms licence today !(hooray) celebration cut short by a phone call from my brother saying " Have you heard about the euro gun law stuff?", now I'm sat here thinking about how I can move to New Zealand or Canada, cuz I'm sick of these bureaucrats telling me that I can't have this type of gun, or that type of ammo. It's a crock of **** !!!!

Do these idiots have any idea how many handguns there are in the UK now?? Eastern European made 9mm pistols are easier to find than a politician with a backbone. Makes me want to puke !!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's despicable for the anti gun mob in Europe to launch this attack on law abiding gun owners by using the latest attack by the bearded zealots as leverage.

I've just got my Firearms licence today !(hooray) celebration cut short by a phone call from my brother saying " Have you heard about the euro gun law stuff?", now I'm sat here thinking about how I can move to New Zealand or Canada, cuz I'm sick of these bureaucrats telling me that I can't have this type of gun, or that type of ammo. It's a crock of **** !!!!

Do these idiots have any idea how many handguns there are in the UK now?? Eastern European made 9mm pistols are easier to find than a politician with a backbone. Makes me want to puke !!!!!!!!!!

time to leave the EU..

Edited by MartynGT4

Have a feeling that even .223 straight pulls like the AR 15 ect will get dragged into it as well .

So have semi autos been band then or is it just say military looking semi autos or have semi auto like a ruger 10/22 been band to

Not clear yet . Lets just say its not looking good .

Has this all come about from the latest terror attacks? or was it in the pipeline anyway. My guess is that the swines had it all typed up and in the bag, and were just waiting for the next inevitable attack to launch their own on us.

I was looking forward to getting one of those H&K 22LR semi auto jobbies. Not because I'm planning a Mosque raid, I just imagine that it would be a lot of fun. Is it wrong to want to have fun with guns??

It's an enjoyable pastime. Say that out loud and people think you're a gun nut. I'd love a 50 cal rifle...............hell, I'd love a GPMG and an 84mm Carl Gustav anti tank launcher..........doesn't mean I'm unhinged, just a wishful thinker.

Maybe the 50 cal is possible..................for now.

Question: what happens if you own a gun that gets banned? They buy it off you at market price, or do you just loose out??

Has this all come about from the latest terror attacks? or was it in the pipeline anyway. My guess is that the swines had it all typed up and in the bag, and were just waiting for the next inevitable attack to launch their own on us.

I was looking forward to getting one of those H&K 22LR semi auto jobbies. Not because I'm planning a Mosque raid, I just imagine that it would be a lot of fun. Is it wrong to want to have fun with guns??

It's an enjoyable pastime. Say that out loud and people think you're a gun nut. I'd love a 50 cal rifle...............hell, I'd love a GPMG and an 84mm Carl Gustav anti tank launcher..........doesn't mean I'm unhinged, just a wishful thinker.

Maybe the 50 cal is possible..................for now.

Question: what happens if you own a gun that gets banned? They buy it off you at market price, or do you just loose out??

Most likly the same as.when the pistol ban came in . You hand them in at you local police station . You get a receipt to keep then you apply for compensation that you wont get . Trust me when i say it leaves a bitter taste in ones mouth .

Most likly the same as.when the pistol ban came in . You hand them in at you local police station . You get a receipt to keep then you apply for compensation that you wont get . Trust me when i say it leaves a bitter taste in ones mouth .

what I read is that it's military looking rifles so to that end we should be still able to get a ruger 10/22 but I beat they band them to and terrorist and criminals will still get rifles Edited by kory1986

This link is pretty useful for providing non-biased facts (mostly taken from Home Office reports).

http://www.politics.co.uk/reference/gun-crime

Some things that stand out:

• Gun crime of all sorts is decreasing.
  • In England and Wales handguns were the most commonly used firearm, with the weapon accounting for 44% of non-air weapon firearm offences recorded. Imitation weapons were used in 23%, shotguns in 9% and rifles in 1% of such offences.
  • Handguns are already illegal ergo any crime committed with a handgun was committed with an illegally held firearm. Rifles only account for 1% of gun crime. 1% of gun crime equates to 0.003% of all crime commited in England and Wales. This is what is being targeted in legislation.
  • In England and Wales, in 2010/11, there were on average 13 non-air weapon firearms offences per 100,000 population. The rate was highest in London (35 per 1,000 population), and West Midlands (34). The lowest rate was recorded in Lincolnshire (2.4).
  • Lincolnshire (where PW members have proved there are a LOT of legally held guns) has the lowest gun crime in the country? London (not exactly the host of many driven days) has the highest. I am not seeing the link between legally held guns and gun crime.

Of course facts mean nothing in an argument that is, at its nature, subjective. You either like guns or you do not. An anti will say that '0.003% of crime is still too much'. I would say 'stop banning things you t**t'. Neither of us would convince the other.

They will probably win in the end as the UK gradually becomes a nation of flat dwelling facebook reactionaries.

Ali

Hopefully this is correct.

In Northern Ireland they were not included in the handgun ban i.e. Pistols so by handgun they are talking pistol not rifles like the 10/22

So yes yet again it looks like we the law abiding shooter is about to be shafted yet again as had been said it is time to leave the EU and for the shooting organisations that most of us pay into be that BASC, CPSA ( yes the eu ban includes self loading shotguns) CLA etc

To stand up and fight for their members stop playing mr nice and question every word of any further gun control otherwise this together with the issues with lead shot will be virtually zero shooting remaining in this country.

How can the brainless idiots that run the EU ever think their is a link between highly restricted legally owned guns and the likes of AK47s owned by terrorist, no they failed to keep their citizens safe and look to put the blame elsewhere.

Make yours blood boil the way we are treated and my vote in any EU referendum is now a vote to leave.

Edited by rbrowning2

You can pretty much guarantee that if they ban 'military looking' rifles then you can wave goodbye to any semi autos. The firearms departments can't keep up with issuing licences so they will have a blanket ban to make it simple to comply with the directive.

There's then the opportunity to cover off those nasty looking straight-pull ARs and possibly those synthetic semi-auto shotguns too...

I would say this it's the thin end of the wedge but that was years ago and don't expect to get anything near the value of what you have to give back.

https://www.change.org/p/council-of-the-european-union-eu-you-cannot-stop-terrorism-by-restricting-legal-gun-ownership?tk=pf_cqxA4pd9SPAt3o4Et8pD2EZ0ep_-HUR4Jrizgn98&utm_medium=email&utm_source=signature_receipt&utm_campaign=new_signature

Edited by ninja_fox