On / Off Road Tyre Recommendations

RedRobin

No doubt this has been asked more than a dozen times , so apologies. .

The tyres on my 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander are about due for replacement.

The current tyres are Falken LandAir AT , which arecOK , but are a bit slippy in 2wd in the damp , so wont be buying the same .

I'm open to fellow PW opinions.

I don't want a full on off road Tyre ,

Happy to put up with a bit of road noise.

Size is 215/70 R16 on Steel wheels if that makes any difference.

Cheer's RR

Iv got Bridgestone Dueler 687 H/T's on my Toyota Rav4 (perm 4wd)... it came with them on - wouldnt have been my choice.

Been very impressed with them though - i only do light off-road up the odd forestry track and across grass fields - and my own farm road. But iv never been stuck yet. They were really great in the snow last winter too. Iv done 20,000 miles on this set, and they were already abit worn when i bought the car!

Had thought about putting A/T's on when these are worn out... but think i will get another set.

Have a look at Camskill for tyre choice as a starter. It will help you compare tyre usage type and price and then when you have your top 2 or 3 tyres search for reviews.

There are some very good tyres around now for a roughly 80/20 rule from the big names.

I regualrly go across grassy fields and muddy tracks on Goodyear HP All Weather, Michelin, Pirelli, BF Goodridge, General all do good tyres.

I using Yokohama geolanders (GO12) AT, in 215/65/16 and find they are great on my Duster.

Great tyres, I put a set on my Hilux 3 years ago. No road noise and very well behaving on tarmac, great off road and not too expensive. I will probably get another year out of them and I will be replacing them like for like. Best AT tyres I have ever had.

If tyres don't make a noise on the road and you think they are good off road I can only assume that your off roading is very lame, Jim.

But you wouldn't really want to drive proper off road tyres on the road would you, that one of the reasons competition motors are trailered.