Eley lightning and Gamebore

flippermaj

I have used the 3.5 inch 42grm no 1s as my main goose cart but now I cant get them so use Winchester Drylocks 3.5 inch no1 but these jam every now and again in my SX3 so I was thinking of switching to the Eley lightning 3 inch 36grm no1

Has anyone used the Gamebore or Drylocks and can they give me some reassurance that the Eley lightning will be as good at range as it is a lighter load?

Cheers

Mark

Eley lightening cartridges, in my opinion, are now the best steel loads you can buy over the counter. I've used the gamebore but not the winchester loads so can't really comment on those, but they would have to be some cartridge to out do the Eley.

The 1's, 3's and 5's are all brilliant!

The 1's in the 36g load are an excellent cartridge! Remember, you get a lot more pellets in a steel load to what you would of the equivalent lead load.

The eley lighting 36g and RC atomic 36 are to very good cartridges that are good for geese both inland and on the forshore but for the money the lighting is a box of 25 and are 7.50 a box so not expensive the RC are 6.80 for 10

Don't know where you bought the RC 36GRM 3 " STEEL from but I paid £3.10 box of ten

I have used the 3.5 inch 42grm no 1s as my main goose cart but now I cant get them so use Winchester Drylocks 3.5 inch no1 but these jam every now and again in my SX3 so I was thinking of switching to the Eley lightning 3 inch 36grm no1

Has anyone used the Gamebore or Drylocks and can they give me some reassurance that the Eley lightning will be as good at range as it is a lighter load?

Cheers

Mark

I have been on 36 grm no1 3" gamebore mammoth exclusively this season

I shoot an sx3 with a modified kicks choke

There is very very little advantage in a super magnum if you put them both on paper side by side

The plus side is better second shot recovery so more left and rights and less cost

To gain real ballistic advantage a man is stretching things a tad further than he aught to imo

Well I bought some Lightning 36grm No 1 and gave them a go tonight and I was very impressed. Dropped two greys dead in the air and one of them was a large gander. No long shots, about 30yds I recon, so still to test them a bit further but they are a joy to shoot compared to the 3.5 inch win drylocks and gamebore 3.5 inchers, they all give a good kick compared to the Lightnings.