A little of advice please guys

hatsanmad

Hi guys i have a bit of a sensitive topic here regarding some perm.

Basicly i have permission of a farmer but he rents the neighbouring fields off his neighbour.

As a result to some lads who also used to shoot there and abused the privalidge they were told to do one. So when i rang the farmer to check i was ok to go on he asked me not to because of what they had done. Its been over a year since all this happend. And i was thinking of approaching this landowner and asking him if i could go on from time to time for a few pigeons and a gentle walk around.

Now what im stuck on is the said landowner i have been told can blow hot and cold. So what im wanting help with is the best way to approach him?

I have never met, spoke or had a run in with him. And just so i dont aggravate or come across pushy or anything towards him how am i best handling speaking with him?

I hope someone can help and give me some advice please.

Regards hatsan

...may be worth having a chat with the farmer that you shoot for and ask him if he can put a word in for you with the landowner. I find that sometimes this is more productive.

Otherwise, dress smartly, be polite, mention that you shoot "next door" and ask if they have any objections. Mention all the usual positive things you do- phoning before arriving, clearing up mess, letting them know about any issues on their ground etc etc.....(all the things decent shooters should do as a matter of course ..) . Leave your number with them and see what happens.

Good luck..

was in the same situation myself a lot of years ago after 6 months I approached the neighbouring farmer told him I shot crows next door and asked if I was okay

to use my dog to retrieve off his land a few weeks later he asked me to control vermin but only vermin on his land and 15 years later I am still there just introduce

yourself and make a point of having a chat every time you see him about he will soon mention the shooting if he has a problem

atb dolphin