Gun snobs with personalised plates...?

Catamong

Now, how about this, not much doubt about which gun this Guy shoots..?

Per1_zpsimnzx8ss.jpg

He's at regular at my clay club in Arras, Pas De Calais.

Apparently, in Belgium you can have pretty much whatever you like on your licence plate, provided nobody's beaten you to it.

Imagine the chaos that would cause over here..?

Cat.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all psychological. Beauty in the eye of the beholder. That sort of stuff. I saw a pickup which had been body stickered all about turf. The guy forked for a plate >> turf 1. He was happy. You guys have come up with some good ideas pretty quick. The need for a personalised number plate goes right over my head. I know a girl locally who's parents bought her a personalised plate when she passed her test. She is a real spoilt little madam and she gets a lot of jip on Facebook to the point of withdrawing to private little cliques.

Edited by fortune

P16EON

A guy in Kent has P16EON and I believe someone in Suffolk has W16EON

Was in Snape last week and passed A-S-I offices (AYA Importers) and the Range Rover parked outside was AYA 1

The registrations of some of my old bangers back in the 60s are probably worth a few bob now i.e.

OFN 753

6093RO

ABU314 (Suit fisherman)

357CYF

Never been into personalised plates myself, but note that some are worth more than the cars that they are on. Each to they own I suppose.

A guy in Kent has P16EON and I believe someone in Suffolk has W16EON

Was in Snape last week and passed A-S-I offices (AYA Importers) and the Range Rover parked outside was AYA 1

The registrations of some of my old bangers back in the 60s are probably worth a few bob now i.e.

OFN 753

6093RO

ABU314 (Suit fisherman)

357CYF

Never been into personalised plates myself, but note that some are worth more than the cars that they are on. Each to their own I suppose.

Oops - Correction to spelling

<script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=ff7b9724e5280fd8df652594cc161cb6&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=325941&p=2954025&md5check=e1c4172b1f77f89c35c9ba8f2d108411&isRte=1,B6nXayd9mu,true,false,KsjKWS2Uq0M');//]]></script> Screenshot_2015-03-21-08-46-10_zpsmehh4m&&0

Wife wanted this one but the price is ridiculous.

That is just ludicrous money, to be worth anything like serious money a plate can only really have one digit pretending to be something else; E for 3 - A for 4 - 1 can be L or i etc, etc. Once you start having to twist your brain and tongue to get the intended meaning the value drops to the point some are more of an embarrassment than anything.

Numbers and actual initials such as '45 BRF' are obviously judged under different criteria.