Sausage supplies

ollie

:lol: :lol:

I just bought a Tre Spade 6.5V stuffer, thing if flipping huge :blink:

Have a 3 lb stuffer but couldn't get away with it! This thing does about 12 lb a go :lol:

Been in touch with the UK supplier listed above for some parts as I want to service it. But it should make the job a lot easier!

As for Skins, I started with natural until I got a salted batch that was honking. Pit me off using natural so started using collagen skins and find them ok! Can be a bit faffy at first but you get used to them.

• 3 weeks later...

LG, I think all natural skins pen and ink lol. They do take some prepping, flushing through,unravelling and then soaking, day before is good.

I have the same stuffer and have found it needs clamping on the work top to keep it secure.

I get my stuff from sausagemaking.org.

• 4 weeks later...

I make a lot of venison sausages, from what i have read the author is going to defrost meat to then use??? Im sure you will freeze the sausages sfter making? I always thought you should not freeze any meat twice?

Happy to be educated on this??!!

T

I make a lot of venison sausages, from what i have read the author is going to defrost meat to then use??? Im sure you will freeze the sausages sfter making? I always thought you should not freeze any meat twice?

Happy to be educated on this??!!

T

with certain ingredients the process of thawing meat and making sausages is fine

colin