Whiskey

dob

Glenlivet is about the only malt whisky ill drink now although liqueur ways i go through a fair bit Drambuie and Glayva.

Nice & light Dave :good: :good: :good: Got some Dalwhinie Winters Gold at Costco £22 Need to do a stock check of my "Collection" sometime :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it if you loved the taste of a really cheap whisky your a winner as I have to spend a few bob to get something I can enjoy.

Slightly off-topic, but I'm blessed with remarkably pedestrian taste in brandy, to the point where I am actually a lot fonder of cooking brandy (the cheapass 37.5% own brand stuff) than I am of very fine cognac. Makes me a doddle to entertain at Christmas!

My wine-drinking is also very indiscriminate.

However my tastes in ale and scotch are very sensitive, and I am one of those ***** that sniffs and sucks and inspects every pint of ale that I am served. With scotch it's even worse, and, I am sorry to say, my whisky-drinking is becoming an ever more expensive indulgence (for reasons of quality, rather than quantity, I hasten to add, though Lady Seagrave might disagree).

My favourite is a 20 year-old special bottling of Bunnahabhain by El Vino & Co (now owned by Davy's).

My regular tipple is 12 year old Bowmore

LS

• 2 weeks later...

Lord Seagrave you lucky devil my Brandy/Cognac Armangac is same as my Whisky expensive as the cheap stuff is rough, I never mix or water it down so it has to be smooth.

I was bought by my daughter a Bottle of Bunnahabhain for my birthday other week and sampled it recently. Nose is very nice and has a bit of the Laphroaig spice tcp undertone, this does not come through on the taste with light peat. I needed to let it sit in my mouth for it to mellow. It got nicer as I got further down the glass. Not as smooth as other Islay malts on first sip but nice after that.

Felly the Founders a Reserve is a nice drop and for the price is good value, my favourite Glen Livet is the Nadurra cask and 18 year old. The founders reserve is one of my wife's favorites as I found out when I last went to have one and noticed a fair bit missing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...