Started stock

winnie&bezza

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a similar thing on one rifle by using a pointed soldering iron tip and burning in lots of small dents. It took a while but the effect was alright.

BTW I have a small bit of ebony that would make a good grip cap. Pm me your address and I'll post it off to you if you like.

Evening all, haven't had much time on stock this week as back at work so very limited but managed to put the ebony grip cap on which was very kindly donated to my cause by FalconFn (thanks again). Your opinions would be welcome if you think it's a bit too thick? Still got to sand it down properly.Cheers.

image_zpsqwwty3f8.jpeg

Edited by winnie&bezza

Fantastic fantastic its really good. :good:I am so impresssed its a real piece of craftsmanship what a thing to own when you have made it yourself. So scary now when you dont want to make a mistake. :no:

Do you think you can make that grip???? I would not know where o start or hazard a guess at how it was made.

Fantastic fantastic its really good. :good:I am so impresssed its a real piece of craftsmanship what a thing to own when you have made it yourself. So scary now when you dont want to make a mistake. :no:

Do you think you can make that grip???? I would not know where o start or hazard a guess at how it was made.

Thank you for your kinds but I'm not a craftsman at stock making and I'm literally just working it out as I go along!

Yes I really would be gutted if I cocked it up now I must say.

Do you mean the stipling on the grip?

Well I've been researching and would you believe that people use a 4" nail with a ground end and can have a variety with blunt,pointy chisel shaped etc for different effects. You use a light hammer and just keep lightly tapping little dents. So not too hard really, just time consuming. I don't want figure groove edges too sharp thigh and will have them ever so slightly rounded.