Started stock

winnie&bezza

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great compliment then zapp thanks and to be honest with the Finish I used you just wipe it on thinly with an old piece of t-shirt. I lightly rubbed it all over with polishing wire wool between coats. Most people could do that.

Yep, credit where it is due. You've made something there you can be really proud of, nice job.

To my eyes it kinda looks like a right hander ( because of the cheek piece) but the thumbhole looks like its cut for your left hand?

Your eyes are correct Bruno. When I started making it I was doing it for a right hander. I'm right handed but shoot shotgun left handed as I became left eye dominant but still shoot rifles right handed. I cut the cheekpiece on the right but when I was zeroing my other air rifle (also right handed), I had a go left handed and it felt more natural so I thought sod it I'm going to make the stock sort of ambi but mainly a leftie if that makes sense. I done the thumbhole as a leftie but on the right hand side I carved out enough to make it feel not too uncomfortable if it's easier to take a shot right handed if need be. I can guess your thinking WHAT?!? Haha.

I'm thinking - Christ on a bike that's some stunning workmanship TBH. The rather odd thumbhole position, however, did catch my eye...my comment was more of a "am I imagining it" than a criticism of any kind as your finished stock is a work of art :good: .

Can't ask for more than that then :-) many thanks.