Chris Green wildfowling tales and Winchester pump

grahamch

Have just watched the latest fowling tales and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It looked to be a bad press for the Winchester sxp he was using, appeared not to cycle properly and then broke down.

Was a much better ad for the Harrington and Richardson single 10 and even better for the Browning Maxus.

Any views?

My view is and I have seen All C and J Wildfowling vids.

Sure entertaining and it is not easy to shoot and Video , if I were Chris I would get another gun and no it would not be a Maxus .

Jimmy Bean was shooting the Max well and so was I until mine stopped working . Next time you have the Max breach block out , turn it over and look at those

Pins .

One of them fell out of mine and the gun wouldn't work , also when it was "working" the trigger seemed to lock up and it would not fire at all . It spent 3 months on holiday in Belgium

and when I got it back it was traded in . A quick search on the net and you will find many people with the same problems. 2 other guys have a Max in my club , one has problems and one does not , the gun that doesn't hasn't been out of its case in over a year .

If you have a Max that works well you are a lucky fowler .

Using a B 725 and an A400 12 and a A400 20g now , but like the look of the new Fabarm L4S, shot a lot of duck with a Fabarm Euro 3 many years ago.

Off to get a walk on the marsh before Strom Frank hits in the afternoon here ,

Better Luck to those Spending Time with Uncle Max than I had , Enjoy the New Year .

Yes , one can be lucky or unlucky when it comes to any piece of equipment .

The A 400 20g is a sterling bit of Kit , never ever a problem , the 400 12 , is getting more and more fussy with its Diet , even with 2 3/4 carts . see att pic ( failed to eject , still from a vid cam )

Eley Alphamax 36g , 3 Wegion saved by Beretta , two weeks ago same thing on Mallard the outing before I had a wall of Mallard in front of me , 2 down for one shot then stuck .

It had been fully stripped , chamber brushed the full monty and still wouldn't play ball .

Have been using the B725 more and more , but we all know how useful that 3rd shot can be , so I think its time for another change .

Frank , is quite bad here now , very hard to even walk into the face of the wind and stinging rain

post-70158-0-32872400-1451402866_thumb.jpg

My view is and I have seen All C and J Wildfowling vids.

Sure entertaining and it is not easy to shoot and Video , if I were Chris I would get another gun and no it would not be a Maxus .

Jimmy Bean was shooting the Max well and so was I until mine stopped working . Next time you have the Max breach block out , turn it over and look at those

Pins .

One of them fell out of mine and the gun wouldn't work , also when it was "working" the trigger seemed to lock up and it would not fire at all . It spent 3 months on holiday in Belgium

and when I got it back it was traded in . A quick search on the net and you will find many people with the same problems. 2 other guys have a Max in my club , one has problems and one does not , the gun that doesn't hasn't been out of its case in over a year .

If you have a Max that works well you are a lucky fowler .

Using a B 725 and an A400 12 and a A400 20g now , but like the look of the new Fabarm L4S, shot a lot of duck with a Fabarm Euro 3 many years ago.

Off to get a walk on the marsh before Strom Frank hits in the afternoon here ,

Better Luck to those Spending Time with Uncle Max than I had , Enjoy the New Year .

Looks like I'm a lucky fowler then - can't fault mine or the three others that my shooting buddies use , don't believe all you read

Yes , one can be lucky or unlucky when it comes to any piece of equipment .

The A 400 20g is a sterling bit of Kit , never ever a problem , the 400 12 , is getting more and more fussy with its Diet , even with 2 3/4 carts . see att pic ( failed to eject , still from a vid cam )

Eley Alphamax 36g , 3 Wegion saved by Beretta , two weeks ago same thing on Mallard the outing before I had a wall of Mallard in front of me , 2 down for one shot then stuck .

It had been fully stripped , chamber brushed the full monty and still wouldn't play ball .

Have been using the B725 more and more , but we all know how useful that 3rd shot can be , so I think its time for another change .

Frank , is quite bad here now , very hard to even walk into the face of the wind and stinging rain

My 725 uk has given me problems in the shore. Refused to fire three timnes with a little bit of sand in the action. Top lever not quite cebtred but action locked and safety off but trigger wouldny budge. Am assuming theres some sort of interceptor sear that prevents firing until top lever fully home. Really annoying

Bellyslater ,

you cut and pasted my post so your , "Don't believe all you read" comment is aimed ! at me .

My experience as set out in the above posts are true and Factual , happened to me first hand wasted months of a season I can never get back and my time and money .shipping to RFDs, time off work etc .

Please be so kind as to not impune my integrity in Public again, if you wish to say something to me good or bad then do so in private . Whether you believe me or not is Your problem .

Your lucky your gun works , if I was to take my own advice above I wouldn't say to you that You probably aren't getting enough salt air on the gun, no salt air in the Middle of the Midlands and I know that because I was born there, a long time ago.

Here are some links to some other people you can similarly Disbelieve, same issues as my Maxus , except for the Failing Breech block pin of course .

http://www.browningowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/browning-maxus-shotgun-troubleshooting.608/

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/212519-problems-with-browning-maxus/

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=282753

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=212106

Feel free to post into those forums and tell those shooters , sharing their experiences with other shooters that you Don't believe them either .

I can be described in many ways Bellyslater , those who know me will tell you , Being a LIAR isn't one of them.

Thank you for rubbishing my contribution to a post on this Forum , I have shared views this week also on the Go Pros and headcams and other issues in the past , positive or negative Truthful at all times . I have never ever set about passing comment on another member , please show me the same respect ,

I wish you well with your Maxus , after season 3, I hope you feel the same way about your gun.

Happy New Year

A pump can't be much cheaper than a semi auto to manufacture properly

I think the retail of the benneli shows this

Pumps are not the infallible things some make them out to be. Moving parts are moving parts

Sorry to hear of the maxus issues it's basically the same design as the sc3 out of the same fabric national plant. Differences are mainly marketing mods looking at guns I have seen

I have an sx3 and it's done just great over 5 or 6 hard seasons

People say this that and the other goes on them gas pistons was the big Internet fault when I bought mine. I still haven't changed a single part

Ok my gun isn't a safe queen I have about 40 flights in this year. Most of those have been muddy and wet all coastal

What do I do to avoid all this? Service it that's what not just clean the barrel

I have to say the sxp wouldn't make any shortlist of mine though

If I was looking for a cheap pump I should look for an old remmington or Winchester. Strip it back as needed and sort it out sweet

I ain't a lot of time for Chris green the man is just a showman. His dog always seems to give folk a laugh at the country show demos though so I will give him that

B 725 , Hunter G1 . My sons gun and I am currently using this until the end of season .

I find it , slightly heavy , fits well , shoots straight , the Ejectors could have a little more clearance to lift unfired shells out , but that's a minor point . The top lever is always and has always been to tight and its not catching on the woodwork. Other than that I have no trouble with it .

A 400 12G Extreme - first 2 seasons , no problems , maybe 1 FTE a season . This year it has cost me about 10 Birds , again FTE , failure to eject . Perhaps its all the rain , slushing around as it has been a very wet season and I am usually out there. Again at 8lbs unloaded I find it Heavy to Lug around , with a sling and 3 big shells its getting on for 9lbs. I like to shoot snipe on my walk to and from the Marsh , so that's not working out to well this year , hence the 20g.

The 20g has been out in the rain also and as I said not a problem .

Would I recommend one ?, it is a fine gun , but I am trading mine in after using it for 3 seasons. All I can tell you is try it , keep it clean and don't use too much lube and it should be fine , though as stated in another post above ad widely on the net , it has 3.5 in feeding and ejecting issues , so if you plan on using those , pick another gun.

A pump isn't for me , might try an A 400 Xplor light , ( I have 4 extra chokes for them already , Mullers H20 etc) or I am looking at the Fabarm L4S , none in the shops here so I might have to await a UK game fair to handle one .

Yes indeed C.G. is a showman of sorts , too much chat in that duck blind for me , but what I like about him is that He is willing to try new things , is not afraid to get out there in all weathers and he is showing Marshes That I shall never get the chance to set foot on and in fairness , he gets his share of Duck , eventually in spite of not paying enough attention to how many shells he has in his gun , lol.

I met him and Jimmy bean at the CLA a few years back and both guys were warm , friendly and willing to spend time and chat with all who wanted to.

Lets face it there isn't really another dvd that I am aware of out there that shows our sport . I got the dvs for the Punting end of things , nothing much in that line either .

Of topic , the only other dvds I have that show Wegion shooting are French . The other good duck hunting dvds I have seen and have , not band hunters , not Fear the Beard , are a series called Destination X , a Canadian group of guys , fantastic locations , brilliant camera work and some simply excellent dogs , seem to be gone by the wayside now.

frank has passed through , the town here at both sides all roads closed so no shooting this evening .

Bellyslater ,

you cut and pasted my post so your , "Don't believe all you read" comment is aimed ! at me .

My experience as set out in the above posts are true and Factual , happened to me first hand wasted months of a season I can never get back and my time and money .shipping to RFDs, time off work etc .

Please be so kind as to not impune my integrity in Public again, if you wish to say something to me good or bad then do so in private . Whether you believe me or not is Your problem .

Your lucky your gun works , if I was to take my own advice above I wouldn't say to you that You probably aren't getting enough salt air on the gun, no salt air in the Middle of the Midlands and I know that because I was born there, a long time ago.

Here are some links to some other people you can similarly Disbelieve, same issues as my Maxus , except for the Failing Breech block pin of course .

http://www.browningowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/browning-maxus-shotgun-troubleshooting.608/

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/212519-problems-with-browning-maxus/

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=282753

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=212106

Feel free to post into those forums and tell those shooters , sharing their experiences with other shooters that you Don't believe them either .

I can be described in many ways Bellyslater , those who know me will tell you , Being a LIAR isn't one of them.

Thank you for rubbishing my contribution to a post on this Forum , I have shared views this week also on the Go Pros and headcams and other issues in the past , positive or negative Truthful at all times . I have never ever set about passing comment on another member , please show me the same respect ,

I wish you well with your Maxus , after season 3, I hope you feel the same way about your gun.

Happy New Year

Not one for replying or taking the bait normally but like I say....don't believe all you read. (although I thought your Go Pro comments were were very good).

Salt air, your place of birth and your age don't really concern me but just for the record , plenty of time on the foreshore for me and the Maxus. One of the many benefits of the modern car I guess.

All the best (whichever gun you are shooting)

I have two new a400's this year, one a Xplor light and the other an Extrema, both work perfect with any cartridge, I have used the Extrema with clay shells many times on the grounds at 100 birds using 28g shells, with not one problem.

I would say that any semi auto can have problems if not cleaned after every use, some may not need it if you've only fired a handful of shots and some may need it, best advice is to clean it and then you can be sure you have done all you can.

How many time have you gave your gun a good clean and all of a sudden it works like it used to, don't neglect the basics.

It's not all about shell length or brass size, these gas autos work on gas, not many she'll makers advertise the pressure their shells produce, Clever Mirage do this.

Chiefy

I have two new a400's this year, one a Xplor light and the other an Extrema, both work perfect with any cartridge, I have used the Extrema with clay shells many times on the grounds at 100 birds using 28g shells, with not one problem.

I would say that any semi auto can have problems if not cleaned after every use, some may not need it if you've only fired a handful of shots and some may need it, best advice is to clean it and then you can be sure you have done all you can.

How many time have you gave your gun a good clean and all of a sudden it works like it used to, don't neglect the basics.

It's not all about shell length or brass size, these gas autos work on gas, not many she'll makers advertise the pressure their shells produce, Clever Mirage do this.

Chiefy

Never used to clean my xtrema 2 . Oil it after 500 shots and away she went again.

They don't make them like they used to.

Baikal mp153 will outlast all the new kids on the marsh.

• 4 months later...