West Kent shooting school

Dominicrobed

Iv not been for a year or so but decided to treat myself and my wife today , it was busy had to wait to get a clay mate electric box thing but once going around didn't have to wait long and chatted to other shooters. The lay out was very good and some stands were a challenge.

It is not a cheap shoot by any means but it's a treat every so often. I will not be leaving it more than a year before we go again .

Used to shoot there for company sorts and social club days when I work for an investment bank back in the late 80's/early 90's. They used to host the Barclay's National for us too on a number of occasions when it was my firms turn to run.

Patrick Lynch was a true gent. I assume Michael is still running it?

Used to shoot there for company sorts and social club days when I work for an investment bank back in the late 80's/early 90's. They used to host the Barclay's National for us too on a number of occasions when it was my firms turn to run.

Patrick Lynch was a true gent. I assume Michael is still running it?

Yes he is but it's Gillian's face most people see.

If you go there on a normal weekday you never have to queue for anything. I think the restricted opening to weekdays only is purely a noise pollution issue.

Be sure to check the events page on their website before you go. They do close the whole venue when they have corporate days, and close off some sporting stands if they have game lessons off of the tower etc.

Although they have put a couple of new sporting stands in, the majority of the targets haven't changed for years. So although you can choose your targets on the claymate system, if you are regulars, it doesn't take long to shoot them all.

They are really reasonable for buying cartridges, and let you buy in the thousands (if you have your certificate). On the whole, it's a superb set up.