Please List your GREY SQUIRREL KILLS for 2016 Here

webber

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One this morning, head shot with .22 HW97k from bathroom window.

When I went to retrieve it, it was still alive and flipped into the lake. I thought it would drown in seconds, but it decided to swim for it! 15 seconds later and I returned with the .410 and finished him.

I will never shoot a squirrel with an air rifle again, it's too often that they need a follow-up shot.

Out in the woods before daybreak and settled down on my stool with back against a pine tree.

The tail end of storm Barbara was still blowing and the pine tree was rocking gently behind my back.

As daybreak arrived a quick scan of the tree tops with the Flir revealed two greys beginning to move about.

Waited patiently and they came down to a safe shooting position by the feeder and gave good safe shots with the.22lr

Moved on to the next feeder and got another one.

Three this morning

Got 5 in one afternoon on the 13th unlucky for some! The last one was in almost darkness my Hawke Airmax has 50mm objective lens dropped the magnification from 9 to 6 to get brighter image and nailed him.One of them was heavily pregnant.

Then got one this Wed in someones garden. I have since been given permission to put a feeder on a tree to attract them into her garden so that I can shoot them.The greys are using the trees,fences and walls along the back gardens as a travel route between parks so its a perfect location to help clear them out of the area. The backstop is a sandstone wall.

Would PW members who traditionally list their Grey Squirrel kills on here annually please do so without delay as moderators will be asked to close this thread in a few days.

Please list your 2017 Grey Squirrel kills on the new thread.

Many thanks to all members who have done their bit to help conserve our native Red Squirrel by controlling the Grey Squirrel.

webber