Please List your GREY SQUIRREL KILLS for 2016 Here

webber

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:good: #146 in my wood fell to a load of sixes out of the turkey barrel this afternoon. Don't know where they keeping coming from, I must have depleted the neighbours stock by now.

Any way up one to 752

Only 77 for me, got some catching up to do!

No doubt they'll continue to fill the gaps as autumn/ winter progress.

So far this year ,36 at the golf club bird feeder HW95K .22, 7 at the truck yard Daystate x2 FAC , and 9 at the woods.Baikal 12g single

But today , they were after the chesnuts at the archery clubs woods, and they were everywhere .

Bagged 22 today , with a BSA Scorpion .22 .So 77 to date.

and another approaching my walnut tree..... 30yrds Turkey Choke on the 20 gauge barrel on my T/C Encore. #6s ..awesome.

Smacked another tonight in same way but it made it into a hole in an ash tree close by so can't legit count that one but I don't believe it will be coming out again. Sooooo.....

My Forestry Ranger (wife) rang my mobile to say she had just seen a grey tree rat at the bottom of our orchard. I told her to keep walking and I would be down with the 410. One and a half hours later saw said tree rat burying the neighbours walnuts in my wood but though in range to dangerous to shoot. For no apparent reason it suddenly bolted for the hedge and out of the corner of my eye I saw movement to my left and a second rat ran up the side of a fir tree and made the fatal error of stopping. It flopped stone dead at 40yrds (RC #6 3 inch)

The second one I could hear chipping and popping up in the trees and I knew that often they will come and have a look at their pal, so I sat tight in my pop up hide. twenty five minutes and it crept out at the base of some scrap sheep wire about a yard from where it's pal lay. BOOM!!! so I an pleased to say two to add.