Transporting shot pigeons .

the hitman

I prefer something I can tie the top up rather than open.

I once had a 'dead' pigeon (even been photographed in a lay out) come back to life and start flapping around the car!

It was a new experience, but not welcome at 60mph on the slip road onto the M1 :oops::lol:

We use ex German army double strap canvas bags, I used to be able to carry ninety in a bag now a max of sixty . Have bought a number over the years and some still in stock for the future.

Pigeons getting fatter😂😂😂😂

Edited by bullet1747

I use strong plastic type bags with good handles bought from a garden centre for £10. They can easily carry 50 pigeons, not that I have shot that many of late nor can I carry that many.

I use strong plastic type bags with good handles bought from a garden centre for £10. They can easily carry 50 pigeons, not that I have shot that many of late nor can I carry that many.

No JDog, you took me along to carry them for you :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm lucky enough to have a supply of hessian sacks. Come in handy as a "rug" for the dog in the hide and folded over as a cushion for my hard seat. On hot days I soak them in cold water and store pigeons in them in the shade with the opening folded closed to keep the flies out. Cools them down quickly. I can "carry" upto a 100 pigeons and all my gear in a fold up barrow and on my back-pack back to the truck.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer something I can tie the top up rather than open.

I once had a 'dead' pigeon (even been photographed in a lay out) come back to life and start flapping around the car!

It was a new experience, but not welcome at 60mph on the slip road onto the M1 :oops::lol:

:lol: that really would be a little frightening haha