Winchester sx3 or berretta outlander?

db135

Thanks for all the comments my local gun shop I normally use has neither in stock to try to see which one fits best the weldon Gun rooms probably my best bet but it's a 80 mile round trip. Think the main thing was I didn't want to buy sum thing that was going to be a load of trouble

Not had any direct experience with the SX3 but I do own a Winchester Select sporter. I have nothing but positive comments on the build quality, handling and reliability of the Winchester overall it beats the Beretta's I have owned previously hands down (IMHO).

I would hope this is consistent across the range and if I were buying an auto the SX3 would be top of my list!!

I went for the SX3 with 3 1/2" chambers, it fires normal 28g cartridges faultlessly, comes with 3 chokes the usual shim kits to adjust the stock and a stock spacer shim so you can adjust the LOP to make it a bit longer. Its supplied in a cardboard / polystyrene packing (no ABS case). Additional chokes can be got from gun.co.uk for £27.50 for flush invector +

Just sold my SX3 as going to stay with o/u's from now on, though the SX3 is a superb gun.

Going off memory so this might not be right, the outlander comes supplied with one choke and comes in an abs case.

They also can have cycling issues.

If using decent carts and its ran in it shouldn't have issues.

As I no longer shoot 31/2" carts and have only used the auto a few times this year I'm considering selling the A300 Xtrema and buying a M2 so I don't have to keep stripping it to clean. Just mop the barrel wipe outside and back in cabinet.

They also can have cycling issues.

If using decent carts and its ran in it shouldn't have issues.

As I no longer shoot 31/2" carts and have only used the auto a few times this year I'm considering selling the A300 Xtrema and buying a M2 so I don't have to keep stripping it to clean. Just mop the barrel wipe outside and back in cabinet.