690 sporting Black or the new 690 Sporting III

James1983

I tried 4 different 692 over a couple of weeks they all felt different and really sloppy handling .went to a couple caecer guerini open days they were far better build quilty and handling ended up buying an accent .iv had it over a year and never looked back try some different makers

Good luck with your choice

My mate has a 692 the forend has a screw that when comes lose it wobbles and is **** we have now loctited in place .

Also his opening lever if it isn't pushed fully the locking pins shoot back out and then makes it very difficult to shut the gun . I'll stick to my browning b725

My mate has a 692 the forend has a screw that when comes lose it wobbles and is **** we have now loctited in place .

Also his opening lever if it isn't pushed fully the locking pins shoot back out and then makes it very difficult to shut the gun . I'll stick to my browning b725

Why I have sold all my Beretta's my last 3 all needed repairing at least once while I had them, I now have a ceaser fully adjustable, browning 525 special edition, both have been pattern plated and set up for me, and just sold my SX3 for the new Benelli o/u as not used a s/a probably for around a year.

• 4 weeks later...

Beretta's inability to understand the market they did so much to create would be comical if it were not so sad. Both the DT11 and the 692 are unloved - to say the least - and the 690 is shaping up to go the same way.

If I really, really wanted a Beretta for clays at the 692 price point I'd get a used DT10, or at the 690 Black price point, I'd get a used 682. As for the 690 III sport... Words fail me!