Clay Vest Alternative

danfick

Blimey that's expensive, I use one of these when not wearing a vest; same as me,carping/shooting,spot on!

//<![CDATA[

(function(){var g=this,h=function(b,d){var a=b.split("."),c=g;a[0]in c||!c.execScript||c.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===d?c[e]?c=c[e]:c=c[e]={}:c[e]=d};var l=function(b){var d=b.length;if(0<d){for(var a=Array(d),c=0;c<d;c++)a[c]=b[c];return a}return[]};var m=function(b){var d=window;if(d.addEventListener)d.addEventListener("load",b,!1);else if(d.attachEvent)d.attachEvent("onload",b);else{var a=d.onload;d.onload=function(){b.call(this);a&&a.call(this)}}};var n,p=function(b,d,a,c,e){this.f=b;this.h=d;this.i=a;this.c=e;this.e={height:window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight,width:window.innerWidth||document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.body.clientWidth};this.g=c;this.b={};this.a=[];this.d={}},q=function(b,d){var a,c,e=d.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");if(a=e&&!(e in b.d))if(0>=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c<d.length;++c)a=a.concat(l(document.getElementsByTagName(d[c])));if(0!=a.length&&a[0].getBoundingClientRect){for(c=0;d=a[c];++c)q(b,d);a="oh="+b.i;b.c&&(a+="&n="+b.c);if(d=0!=b.a.length)for(a+="&ci="+encodeURIComponent(b.a[0]),c=1;c<b.a.length;++c){var e=","+encodeURIComponent(b.a[c]);131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0<a.width&&0<a.height&&0<a.naturalWidth&&0<a.naturalHeight||e in b&&a.width>=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=ajax&section=topics&do=quote&t=328059&p=2976286&md5check=8846da67347180db9f28617af7e32b9e&isRte=1,B6nXayd9mu,true,false,EB-yAaX0QW4');

//]]>belt-bucket.jpg

£11:95

Just bought one of these at 80 quid: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0063233LW

It's really well made; it's not the most fantastic leather in the trade, but it's definitely well made, thick leather and will probably break in well. Unfortunately the one I got is WAY too big -- I took 3XL as it's marked as 'up to 48" chest' and mine is 50; and somehow, I just float in it... But, i think the replacement will be OK...

Just bought one of these at 80 quid: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0063233LW

It's really well made; it's not the most fantastic leather in the trade, but it's definitely well made, thick leather and will probably break in well. Unfortunately the one I got is WAY too big -- I took 3XL as it's marked as 'up to 48" chest' and mine is 50; and somehow, I just float in it... But, i think the replacement will be OK...

Please tell me you don't wear this shooting?

get a cartridge bag you can usually hang it on the cage or trap you shoot from. Or what I do is take 10 cartridges out of the bag just before I get into the cage and leave the bag on floor next to me 10 shots in my pocket.

Fairly new to clays and I've come to realise that stuffing cartridges in my pockets is not the best option. Looking to sort something out but want an alternative to the typical clay vest. Any ideas?

Thanks

Dan

One of the lads I shoot with doesnt wear a skeet vest or cartridge bag on the belt nor any other jacket so after every shot he`s fishing around for cartridges for the next pair. It looks awkward and distracting / off putting to his shooting and am sure he would just be more comfortable if he invested in something ! They last years and despite seeming expensive for what they are they just work and make life easier.

Look for a second hand vest on here and other forums as they do come on from time to time, I got mine off here :good: