After market choke for sp10

john12

Got out the other day to pattern test some of the home loads. Tried a couple of different loads and found one that seemed to pattern well through full in the sp10.

Anyway mate was with me who has a browning gold with a kicks choke in. Tried same shells through that and pattern was better. So just put his standed full in and it patterned similar to the sp10.

So thought this summer I may treat myself to a after market choke and was just wondering what other people are using in there sp10s. Was impressed with the kicks choke in the browning.

Thanks in advance john

Got out the other day to pattern test some of the home loads. Tried a couple of different loads and found one that seemed to pattern well through full in the sp10.

Anyway mate was with me who has a browning gold with a kicks choke in. Tried same shells through that and pattern was better. So just put his standed full in and it patterned similar to the sp10.

So thought this summer I may treat myself to a after market choke and was just wondering what other people are using in there sp10s. Was impressed with the kicks choke in the browning.

Thanks in advance john

have a word with terryp on hear he will know what you need...atb DT.

Another vote for the terror choke, i like the .720 for much of the time but have the .705 for some loads, would not be without either.

If you want to get a choke a bit cheaper and perhaps quicker the Briley marked IM and more importantly measuring in at .745 is the one to get, patterns are great from these Brileys and they are a good option if you dont want to get a Terror.

Another vote for the terror choke, i like the .720 for much of the time but have the .705 for some loads, would not be without either.

If you want to get a choke a bit cheaper and perhaps quicker the Briley marked IM and more importantly measuring in at .745 is the one to get, patterns are great from these Brileys and they are a good option if you dont want to get a Terror.

I would have thought a tighter Briley may be a better choice. I have an IM in the 12, but didn't seem tight enough at extended ranges. I decided to buy an XF and I have had some real high geese with it.

I would have thought a tighter Briley may be a better choice. I have an IM in the 12, but didn't seem tight enough at extended ranges. I decided to buy an XF and I have had some real high geese with it.

The Briley tubes are not constructed the same as the Terrors, as i am sure you know i just never felt comfortable shooting the bigger steel i tend to use in the ten through anything tighter than .745 with briley construction and profiles. I had decent results with the IM and had no problems with any shot sizes in this choke. They are not terrors but they are quite good.

One other point on these Brileys the IM wants to be a .745 not all are some are more open, i think Briley can be a bit sketchey on the choke markings its the acctual measurement that matters.