Classic Cars.

RedRobin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

La bala.... WOW mate looking at badge on the wing and Revolution Wheels RS1600 or RS2000.

Spill the Beans mate

The RS2000 was my pride and joy. Billstien world cup front struts with competition springs.

Rear competition springs with adjustable Spax shocks.

High ratio steering rack.

Roll cage, Rally seats, 3 point linkage harnesses.

Battery in boot, manual cutout switch on front wing.

Just needed a fire extinguisher for rallying. She probably had a few more bits i havnt remembered lol.

Edited by la bala

Rimfire. Lovely car you have. Great photo too.

A chap at the time that I did my apprenticeship in vehicles body buiding back in the early 80's had a thing about Sunbeam Alpines. Great body lines.

He never had a Tiger , a car id love to sit in :)

Thanks for the PIC

sadly when I was an apprentice grease monkey these classics are the motors a worked on and had to be serviced 3000 /6000/12000 miles plugs points timing dwell, levels oil and filters tappets, tracking etc ,etc dreaded having to replace exhausts on the sports cars they always had to be bent into position to stop them knocking on the body my boss had one of the first MGBGT's got so sick of the engine pinking and running on he used the garages morris minor van to run about in and the lads got the MG to collect parts etc aah the good old days

c10eec06-211d-48ee-aab7-dd2cf73c6e10_zps

Currently in with the body shop for the next few months for a full monty bare metal number.

I get through my cars pretty quick but this is a practical classic and a keeper - it drives like all Mercs of the era (like a nice pair of slippers), it's got ABS, power steering, electric windows, cruise etc (all the mod cons we now take for granted) and it's built like grandpa's tool shed.

I'm looking at a well priced RR Shadow II this Saturday but the on account tax payment due this month has probably just put the kybosh on that nonsense :lol:

Nice motor Mungler and a very nice leafy bit of Essex you live in :yes: (a lot like the bit I come from :no: )

notably Ive had a 62 MKII Jag 3.8, and a 54 Austin A30 803cc's of un-adulterated power, I now use a 94 shogun which is my favourite and on its way to being a classic :lol:

Very nice. A friend of mine has a A30, he never has a traffic jam in front of him.

Very nice. A friend of mine has a A30, he never has a traffic jam in front of him.

:lol: It was a great little car, A 4 door, you could wipe the back window without leaving the drivers seat, it did 50 mpg and in all the time I had it, all I replaced was a fan belt, performance wise buses would beat me away from traffic lights, I worked near Dulverton Exmoor on a sheep farm and used to drive up to London to visit friends at the great cost of £2 /19s and three farthings (probably)

Edited by islandgun

I ran as my only car a 1977 MGB GT from 1999 to 2007. Travelled all over Scotland and Northern England on camping holidays. Only one breakdown when the main wire feed through the starter worked loose on the approaches to the Forth Bridge. At the time my right hand had suffered a work injury and had fingers swathed in bandages so could not fix myself. Happily on the road again within 20 minutes of calling Assistance, the driver of the truck must have lived within 10 minutes of where we were. Loved that car but the body work was deteriorating and beyond my modest skills to repair.

Blackpowder