Whats the BEST ans MOST powerfull non licensed airweapon

clay shooter

Any rifle at 10-12 ft lbs is capable of killing rabbits and pigeons IF it is consistently accurate, you keep within sensible ranges and you can hold it steady. Accuracy is king, power is not normally an issue - it's like shotguns, a cheap gun will kill just as well as a £30,000 Purdy but you'll have to point both in the right direction to hit anything.

Almost any rifle can do it but generally the more you spend the better quality components and finish you get.

Again very generally, if you buy a Air Arms, Weihrauch and the like you will be fine, if you buy an SMK you'll be taking more of a punt.

ok so you guys might know what is the best air gun you can buy new on the market today? will it kill Rabbit/pigeons and other things.I ask as I'm curious that they can only be 12ft lbs legal?and so can they kill rabbit?

I don't think there is such a thing. A case in point. A Wolverine will set you back over a grand new. It's a lovely gun, don't get me wrong, but I sold mine and bought an AA S510. why? well I've always shot better with that. The weight and balance just suits me much more, so I'm more accurate with it.

The simple answer is get the gun that suits you and that you can shoot the best with. a sub 12 air rifle has more than enough power to kill cleanly at air gun ranges, so long as the shooter is holding up his side of the bargain. Anything from HW, AA, Daystate, Falcon, BSA, FX, Theoben, evanix, brocock, hatsan and a host of others should be perfectly accurate enough. The rest is down to your taste and your ability.

I use an Air Arms S400 .177 with a decent telescopic sight, I took 64 rabbits in 4 sessions last summer, and my best day on pigeons was 11 in a small wood, as Falcon says keep in range and use a rest to steady the gun, the air arms is a pre charged, holds up to 200 psi and will fire approx 60 shots at full power, mine is modified with an 8 shot magazine, but the S410 has a factory fitted 10 shot mag, you can charge up the gun yourself from a pump or divers cylinder, but I just go to the local gun shop and pay £1 for a recharge. simple :lol::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Tbe DoomSlayer 5000

Only available in laybys after dark

Launches laser guided pellets several kilometers & will penetrate clear through a primary school from four postcodes away.

New 2016 price is £9.99 inc 20, 000 depleted uranium pellets & 5, 000 jet assisted duplex loadings.

Not sure if its legal but my mate tuned his Diana .22 by packing it with washers and fitting an Ox Spring, that thing used to puncture breeze blocks from about 40 paces. He used to shoot foxes with it. Would flop them with a single shot he reckoned.

The only issue was cocking it, it needed three people; one to hold the stock and two to break the barrel. Mind you, we were all about 10 years old at the time.

Edited by mick miller

clay shooter, can I ask why you want to know ???

in all honesty that question is the most daft question I have ever read on any forum,

the best bit of advice I can give you is as follows,

don't worry about power,,, the most important thing is accuracy ,, I repeat ,, the most important thing is accuracy

its no good having an air rifle full of power if it couldn,t hit a barn door at 30 yrds is it, so really the question you have asked is a little daft

These threads properly annoy me! RAH!

Come on let's not flame people we all started once to, the poster is obviously either young or/and inexperienced with airguns. To the poster you've received good advice in that accuracy is more important than power and all quality manufactures air rifles should be capable of taking airgun suitable quarry at sensible ranges. Best bet is to have a good look around the forum.

Edited by 12gauge82

Come on let's not flame people we all started once to, the poster is obviously either young or/and inexperienced with airguns. To the poster you've received good advice in that accuracy is more important than power and all quality manufactures air rifles should be capable of taking airgun suitable quarry at sensible ranges. Best bet is to have a good look around the forum.

:good: I agree. You can tell him he is stupid in a nicer way. From his profile it looks like he only has experience with shotguns. And with no experience of any Rifles or Air Rifles its really not that ridiculous the question he has asked. He basically is looking a gun with the best Range and he also said the "Best" (look at the title) obviously meaning quality and accuracy. So no need for the Roasting! I would recommend a Air Arms or Weihrauch Underlever Sub 12ft/lb and in .177 which will give more range. As for power the .22 will deliver greater knock down power over .177 but .177 will have flatter trajectory.

yeah fair point, perhaps, although Clay shooter knows full well that the power limit is 12ft/lb. He also knows that there is no such thing as the 'best' air rifle. I'd go beyond evo here, i think it's a VERY daft thread.

:good: I agree. You can tell him he is stupid in a nicer way. From his profile it looks like he only has experience with shotguns. And with no experience of any Rifles or Air Rifles its really not that ridiculous the question he has asked. He basically is looking a gun with the best Range and he also said the "Best" (look at the title) obviously meaning quality and accuracy. So no need for the Roasting! I would recommend a Air Arms or Weihrauch Underlever Sub 12ft/lb and in .177 which will give more range. As for power the .22 will deliver greater knock down power over .177 but .177 will have flatter trajectory.

Marksman1997, again, ordinarily I'd agree but...

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/326798-what-is-the-beat-air-gun/

posted by clay shooter, 19 December 2015. It's still on the first page of threads in Airgunners

Tbe DoomSlayer 5000

Only available in laybys after dark

Launches laser guided pellets several kilometers & will penetrate clear through a primary school from four postcodes away.

New 2016 price is £9.99 inc 20, 000 depleted uranium pellets & 5, 000 jet assisted duplex loadings.

Yeah, I heard you could hit tim peake with one of those bad boys.