Aftermarket choke confusion

tomaddy525

Cheers for replies fellas, new to reloading and it just throws another spanner in the works for me haha, reading up on steel loads ,majority seem to go with speed kills, so get loads up in velocity, but goes to show you can drop it to suit the situation your in ..ie close range ,decoying etc

Cheers for replies fellas, new to reloading and it just throws another spanner in the works for me haha, reading up on steel loads ,majority seem to go with speed kills, so get loads up in velocity, but goes to show you can drop it to suit the situation your in ..ie close range ,decoying etc

This is spot on it does, but to kind of put it into less of a sweeping statement for want of a better term. You want steel going out of your gun as fast as you can safely get it traveling and still keep an acceptable pattern of apropriatly sized shot then you have done everything you can with the ammo, then we just have to work on our selves and get the pattern on the bird science does the rest or is that magic . :lol: .

Yep, it all still boils down to putting it in the right place,which for me is normally behind the bird haha...there's a lot more to think about in this reloading game than just throwing few components in a shell and pulling the trigger..

You got that right, you will go far