Hands up if you've been waiting more than six months for a renewal

fortune

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

That's a strange thing for them to say because they had two new staff that had been in the office for over a year and they still weren't fully trained so even if they take someone on they wont be fully operational for a long time and probably someone will leave before they are fully trained. I was told that it was in the office side that there was a problem and that the field side was up to speed. Instead of employing someone else they need to put in some extra hours with the staff that they have got and not go home early on a Friday. If I or a lot of people had a job that was behind I would be working on it late into the evening and Saturday and Sunday if required not just doing the set hours. Even the feos jack in early on Friday. There was a bit on the tv about the waiting times in Kent and the woman in charge ( Ann Barnes ) I think. said something along the lines of it was costing more to process tickets than the fee. and that she didn't see why police budgets should be subsidising someones hobby. This was from the person who employed a young girl to be a yout ambassador who then had to resign over a load of gaffs ect. and other stuff as well.

Oh well. What ever happens it will come through at some point when I put mine in in a few months time. Not overly worried as gun cabinet if full ( filled up the last space last week ) and even if it runs out I can buy more carts with the section 7 they have to give me. Will be putting renewal in 5-6 month early so they can't say they didn't get it in time.

Just feel sorry for the lad that was in the shop looking at and holding different shotguns. He said he put his grant in 3 weeks ago and how long will he have to wait all happy like , until I said renewals are taking 6-7 months and they take priority over yours. Not good for our sport. At least the RFD gave him some beretta and browning catalogs to look through haha

• 2 weeks later...

Finally heard from my FEO on Friday 1st April !!.

Went through my application over the phone - and as nothing has changed since last renewal that I think is that. His report will be going back to admin and my new cert should arrive in due course (whenever that is).

Have agreed the this cert will only last for 18 months which is when my FAC expires so that I can then have Coterminous.

Finally heard from my FEO on Friday 1st April !!.

Went through my application over the phone

Have agreed the this cert will only last for 18 months which is when my FAC expires so that I can then have Coterminous.

Are you paying the full amount for a full term licence but that it will run out in 18 months to then go CO term? Or are they just charging a part fee?

One of the Son in laws applied for his FAC and Was told verbally that as it was his first application that he could have a. 22 rf and that when he had done six months he could have a free variation for a 223/243 or similar. When the 6 months Was up He contracted the department and was told that there was no such thing as a free variation and that the feo wouldn't have said such a thing because he hadn't got any authority to do this. They did vary his ticket to have a 223 and a 243 but he had to pay for a variation. Be very wary of anything that they say verbally and ask for it in writing and speak to the firearms manager if you can get to speak with anyone or email them. Don't forget that the FeO is civilian and not police.

i sent my renewal forms back to TVP back in nov and i still havent had anything back from them

i have phoned them to see whats going on and they said they have a big backlog

and there 3/4 months behind but the thing is my my shotgun and my fac both run out in 8 days time.

they did say i will get a temporary permit dont know when that will be?

i sent my renewal forms back to TVP back in nov and i still havent had anything back from them

i have phoned them to see whats going on and they said they have a big backlog

and there 3/4 months behind but the thing is my my shotgun and my fac both run out in 8 days time.

they did say i will get a temporary permit dont know when that will be?

Straight from the horses mouth (web-site) http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/aboutus/aboutus-depts/aboutus-depts-intel/aboutus-depts-firearmslic.htm

Due to our current renewal period we are experiencing a delay in processing applications. If you have submitted a renewal application and we are unable to process it prior to the expiry date the licensing authority will issue you with a temporary permit to cover your continued use and possession. If you have not received your temporary permit a week before your expiry date please email the firearms licensing department –firearmslicensing@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk

There have been plenty of incidents of people not being given a temp section 7 permit when their licence expires during the renewal process. Each Force seems to have a difference view, although BASC are very clear on the Law. You MUST have an in-date SGC or have a temp Sect 7 permit. http://basc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2015/01/Forms-Guide-2015.pdf

Although the Sect 7 permit allows you to keep your guns and buy shotgun ammo, you may NOT posses expanding ammunition (if you have any) and this must be lodged with a RFD until you new Cert is issued.

Don't accept `you're on the system so that's okay` or `if you get stopped it will show up on PNC`.

If TVP are being so slow with your renewal, I wouldn't be confident that they are going to issue the Sect 7 so jump on it as soon as you're within the 7 day limit.

Good luck.

I've been told by two forces that App forms will be sent out 12 weeks in advance and if they are not in 8 weeks prior then they wont issue a s7. if this is the case then the supplicant will be required to lodge your guns and other stuff ( expanding) with a rfd pending issue at your cost for however long that takes them which could cost the individual a lot of money. what with other changes eg doctors certs and anything else that the new proposed legislation where the police will decide what the law is and modify it to suit their purposes there is a hidden agenda. It's like someone is engineering either a big hike in fees or a complete re write of the rules and law. The main orgs should be aware of this and organizing a big campaign to cut it off before it grows. OR we will end up paying for it big time.

I've been told by two forces that App forms will be sent out 12 weeks in advance and if they are not in 8 weeks prior then they wont issue a s7. if this is the case then the supplicant will be required to lodge your guns and other stuff ( expanding) with a rfd pending issue at your cost for however long that takes them which could cost the individual a lot of money. what with other changes eg doctors certs and anything else that the new proposed legislation where the police will decide what the law is and modify it to suit their purposes there is a hidden agenda. It's like someone is engineering either a big hike in fees or a complete re write of the rules and law. The main orgs should be aware of this and organizing a big campaign to cut it off before it grows. OR we will end up paying for it big time.

My understanding is that even if you have a S7 you cannot hold expanding ammo or even bullets for the reloaders. Anyone else got this message or a correction?

Straight from the horses mouth (web-site) http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/aboutus/aboutus-depts/aboutus-depts-intel/aboutus-depts-firearmslic.htm

Due to our current renewal period we are experiencing a delay in processing applications. If you have submitted a renewal application and we are unable to process it prior to the expiry date the licensing authority will issue you with a temporary permit to cover your continued use and possession. If you have not received your temporary permit a week before your expiry date please email the firearms licensing department –firearmslicensing@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk

There have been plenty of incidents of people not being given a temp section 7 permit when their licence expires during the renewal process. Each Force seems to have a difference view, although BASC are very clear on the Law. You MUST have an in-date SGC or have a temp Sect 7 permit. http://basc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2015/01/Forms-Guide-2015.pdf

Although the Sect 7 permit allows you to keep your guns and buy shotgun ammo, you may NOT posses expanding ammunition (if you have any) and this must be lodged with a RFD until you new Cert is issued.

Don't accept `you're on the system so that's okay` or `if you get stopped it will show up on PNC`.

If TVP are being so slow with your renewal, I wouldn't be confident that they are going to issue the Sect 7 so jump on it as soon as you're within the 7 day limit.

Good luck.

i just sent them a email see what say? and your link at the top dont work bud

Good luck.

My understanding is that even if you have a S7 you cannot hold expanding ammo or even bullets for the reloaders. Anyone else got this message or a correction?

See previous post above.

i just sent them a email see what say? and your link at the top dont work bud

I don't know why! Just Google "sect 7 permit thames valley" :)

• 2 weeks later...

My experience with Essex...

01/09/15 Sent forms off for FAC to include coterminous SC.

08/03/16 Received email from Essex saying file passed to FEO.

22/03/16 Called FEO for update & thanked for nudge.

31/03/16 FEO came to house & confirmed everything seemed okay & would process file

14/04/16 FAC arrived in post

By my reckoning that was 33 weeks.

Now waiting for permissions to be signed-off...

Keep the faith guys!

Edited by MrCobraman

I have to praise W Yorks, due to work and holiday, I sent my renewal in a few days late. They changed appointments and rushed through the renewal ( FAC) so i wouldn't have to lodge my guns.

12/10 and some liquid refreshment delivered to say thanks.

• 1 month later...

At last - finally it's arrived :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::whistling: .

My new SGC arrived in the post this morning. Not bad only 2 days short of 10 months for a "straightforward renewal".

Plus following my complaint to the PCC regarding the poor service, I have received an email from a Detective Chief Inspector who will be looking into my complaint next week. This could be interesting.

OXF

My new SGC arrived in the post this morning. Not bad only 2 days short of 10 months for a "straightforward renewal. i have received an email from a Detective Chief Inspector who will be looking into my complaint next week.

Is that like the council road hole repairs? There looking into it? Do you think that they will give you a draw in compensation for the wait and inconvenience of nearly 10 months?

OXF

Edited by fortune