hatsan at44 pcp .22 10 shot

Squinting shot

hi all

has anyone got one of these my local rfd has one for sale with a 3-9-50 scope and moderator for £399 its the black tactical. Not seen it in the flesh but it looks good and sounds good for the money it would be my 1st pcp. Would it be any good for pest control I have a permission that has feral pigeons that need clearing off and my old crosman is down on power so wanted to upgrade.

I've just sold one of these on an airgun site for £245 inc scope ,bipod , sling and bag. It was a perfectly good PCP that gave 175 shots per fill and made a big mess of the rat and pigeon population in Essex. These are an easily overlooked air rifle when it comes to value for money, they maybe a little rough around the edges but are more that capable.

I would say that the vast majority of PCP's are close to 12ft/lb but you need to remember that 200ft/lb wont kill anything if you don't hit it-sub 12ft/lb Airgun hunting is as much about placing your shot in the right place as it is about delivering sufficient killing power so accuracy and field craft are essential. I have nothing against the Turkish Delights that are available and I am glad that many people find their way into the PCP world because of the value that these guns offer-but the S410 is simply better built, of better parts and of a far better pedigree than anything that Ali can knock up in Istanbul. If you have cash then the world is your Oyster-try as many guns as you can and read as many reviews as possible-ignore the vast majority of Magazine reviews because they are only interested primarily in revenue and not the truth. Don't buy a particular gun just because your local dealer has one in stock and accept that you might have to travel to find the gun of your dreams-if I were you I would be looking at...S410,S200 with multi adaptor, Walther RM8, HW100 ( but not without a warranty) or similar-there are hundreds on various Websites and tracking down your gun is part of the fun......enjoy.

S200 is simply a giant killer in the airgun world-but shot count of around 40 puts many people off-you might like to consider however that when I go shooting Squirrels I only carry 9 pellets in the mag and 25 in a small plastic clip-never run out to date. Where about's are you-you might find someone local on this forum who would let you try their guns or know of a club nearby where most members are more than happy to let new shooters try their guns.

The AT is a nice gun, also sold as a Webley Raider, just more expensive label on same gun. If you are in the North of the country Kirklees Guns is worth a look for a Hatsan 4 rifle or carbine at £299, the Galatian is a very very nice gun!

Just be prepared to deping your Hatsan! Very easily done, just unscrew the cylinder from the gun, using the bleed tool (supplied with the gun) remove all the air from the cylinder, unscrew the valve end, you need a 13mm spanner on an AT44, 17mm on a Galatian, get a bottle brush and remove all but a couple of inches of the handle and bend the end of the wire over to make a hook, put this about a third of the way up the cylinder, refit the valve and refill to about 150 bar off the gun, check for leaks and if none refit cylinder. Refill to 190 bar.

Gun will now make less noise from the action when firing.

Edited by secretagentmole

The Hatsan range of airguns are great value for the price

i have several in my armoury , the AT44-10 .177 tactical is a fine accurate

airgun certainly as accurate as my HW100,, do not be put off by negative

views of some people these airguns are very good IMHO.,

and i shoot all makes of airguns.

atb brian