Sorry to be up front

Sambaker1993

My lab is about 7 - 8 months or so now and he keeps trying to **** everything even my young springer! What age could I stud him out?

They all go through this stage. They usually calm down after a bit with a few water sprays in the face or a sharp NO to speed the process.

Studding him could make him worse unless you get a constant supply of bitches. Also you will need to pay out for all the health checks before using him and persuade folks he is good enough to use on their bitches.

He will need to be fully grown and mature before using him for stud.

Don't want to make any money out of him that's why I didn't get a kc reg dog just wondered what age people did let them or when people got them done

Firstly I don't think you're a Buffon, you may well be a little nieve when it comes to dogs, you can neuter a pup after eight weeks of age but most wait till they are six months of age onwards, hope that helps.

Firstly I don't think you're a Buffon, you may well be a little nieve when it comes to dogs, you can neuter a pup after eight weeks of age but most wait till they are six months of age onwards, hope that helps.

I think if you re-read my post I said only a bufoon would want such a dog as a stud , and I stand by that ,I was not suggesting the Op was one .

• 2 weeks later...

Mdern trends seem to reccommend castrating younger, but most older trainers believed u had to wait till a dog was fully mature and testosterne levels had settled down. The old belief was cutting them off young could leave it as an eternal teenager and testosterone never levels off.

Know a couple of guide dog trainers and they would not carstrate a dog till they thught IT was fully mature so be a different age for every dog.

Generally carsration won't cure it and its more to do with training/dominance.

If ur seriously contemplating it i think u can get a straw put in ur dog which acts like carstration for a few months