Which Rifle To Buy ?

click click boom dead

Morning lads n lasses ok I'm facing a tough decision I'm finally taking that leap from spring to pcp as I found out my local gunshop does he refills for £3 so which should I get ? HW100KT or DAYSTATE AIR RANGER or any other ideas are welcome The guns will both have AO 50 scopes n bipods fitted but removed depending on quarry also pellet recommendation on the gun be appreciated as I mainly use rws superdomes at the present

I own both rifles and if you want an honest opinion then I would without a doubt go for the Daystate Air ranger in .177, mine is probably ( second to my Ev2 mk4 ) the most accurate air rifle I have ever shot,dont get me wrong but the HW100kt is a superb rifle but it is not as accurate as my ranger, also you will get a higher shot count with the ranger.

I personally prefer the bolt action on a rifle but since having the ev2 and the hw100 I,m getting used to the side lever action,

the best bet would be to go and have a feel and shoulder both rifles and see what you think, but get a ranger and you wont be disappointed

atb Evo

I own both rifles and if you want an honest opinion then I would without a doubt go for the Daystate Air ranger in .177, mine is probably ( second to my Ev2 mk4 ) the most accurate air rifle I have ever shot,dont get me wrong but the HW100kt is a superb rifle but it is not as accurate as my ranger, also you will get a higher shot count with the ranger.

I personally prefer the bolt action on a rifle but since having the ev2 and the hw100 I,m getting used to the side lever action,

the best bet would be to go and have a feel and shoulder both rifles and see what you think, but get a ranger and you wont be disappointed

atb Evo

atb Evo

The shop refills the gun for 3 quid a time

None of my business but that's ridiculous, he's ripping you off there. If I were you I'd buy a pump for less than £100 or avoid that shop out of spite. But that's just me.

Edited by Guest

Have to agree, £3.00 to fill the rifles bottle is not good. :no:

But I suppose it helps folks who cant go to the expense of a Dive cylinder or pump straight away.

My advise would be give the pump a miss if you can, and look out for a second hand bottle that is in test.

You will soon get fed up with the pump.......well I would anyway because I am a lazy bucker :lol:

Look forward to hearing about your new baby :good:

Tys guys I have tried both guns well 3 actually I tried the 2 in my post but I also tried the hw100 short stock In 13hrs I'll reveal. My choice as I'm getting it tomorrow :)

the suspense is killing me

what rifle did you get and any pics,,

by the way the max you should pay for a rifle refill is £1, if you are paying more than that then the shop is taking the wee wee

• 2 weeks later...

Or maybe he is moving house cos his landlord sprung it on him and is trying to sort storage and doing a sale n he has chose the second hand DAYSTATE AIR RANGER £800 with viper scope n bipod n gun bag lol He has paid the deposit n once all this is sorted he picking it up he is also in the process of getting his express xp tuned to AR1 With custom silencer n having a custom stock made for it But moving has to take priority n that's the gfs opinion not mine so in a couple of weeks if not less he will post pics evo just for u lol n as for seen the light there is nout wrong with a springer lol be offline few days still chaps busy busy u would nvr think how much **** u really aquire till u have to pack it on our third skip now :(

good luck with the move kidda , oh and I,ll be able to sleep now :lol::lol::lol:

by the way,, excellent choice of rifle,, the Daystate Air ranger is my number 1 tool for hunting , though mine has been worked on ,,

I have had the shroud shortened and the barrel threaded to put a twink silencer on it,, it was accurate to start with, but is now awesome and very very accurate to 55yrds , you certainly will be impressed with the ranger

atb Evo

I get my bottle filled for £3 and they fill rifles for £1 and I thought that was the average price

hope you enjoy your rifle when you get it

atb teza

bottle fill £4 by me and £1 for rifle so its the average, it looks like his shop has the monopoly for bottle filling but £8 is a rip off