Winchester SX3 Grey Shadow

figgy

I was in Gilsan Sports Richmond branch chopping in my Beretta for a Benelli M2 and noticed he has a mint like new Grey Shadow SX3 in stock,its a 8 shot listed as Composite online.

Knowing people on here prefer them it might be ideal for one of the members :good:

Figgy

I did Fennboy. Due to work I only got the marsh for two flights earlier in the season then with all the rain our marsh now has very little as all the birds are on farmers flooded fields, so the gun got used very little. I shot crows once with it and used on clays a few times the by a friend for a couple of times who is just starting.

Took me five hours to clean it properly to get all the carbon off, supposedly a self cleaning valve system. Loved how it shot but I keep my guns clean and I no longer shoot 31/2" carts so tried a friends Benelli M2 and saw how quick it's cleaned.

Decided to change and got a decent deal.

Be nice to shoot a few carts on the marsh wipe it over put it away and not have to worry about carbon build up. My Beretta won't have even been ran in properly yet.

I did Fennboy. Due to work I only got the marsh for two flights earlier in the season then with all the rain our marsh now has very little as all the birds are on farmers flooded fields, so the gun got used very little. I shot crows once with it and used on clays a few times the by a friend for a couple of times who is just starting.

Took me five hours to clean it properly to get all the carbon off, supposedly a self cleaning valve system. Loved how it shot but I keep my guns clean and I no longer shoot 31/2" carts so tried a friends Benelli M2 and saw how quick it's cleaned.

Decided to change and got a decent deal.

Be nice to shoot a few carts on the marsh wipe it over put it away and not have to worry about carbon build up. My Beretta won't have even been ran in properly yet.

Thats all I do with my vesamax , the pistons have not had a clean all season and they still move freely , I think I have only shot about half a dozen 3.5" myself this season , though expensive I prefer the HW13 in a 3"

What's the HW13?

Three inch Eley No1 36g have been doing all I need last season and this season for Geese. Most of the carts I shoot are 32g 4shot gamebore Sportsman Steel at duck and teal. If the birds are a bit shy I'll use 3" 3 shot either Gambore or Eley Lightning.

Nice to not have to get home and strip the gun.

Some friends have now gone for the Revo K200 3 1/2" OU as there are less hassle. I had a few shots with one today, ok gun but short for me standard.

Edited by figgy

What's the HW13?

Three inch Eley No1 36g have been doing all I need last season and this season. Most of the carts I shoot are 32g 4shot gamebore at duck and teal. If the birds are a bit shy I'll use 3" 3 shot.

Nice to not have to get home and strip the gun.

Some friends have now gone for the Revo K200 31/3" OU as there are less hassle. I had a few shots with one today, ok gun but short for me standard.

HW13 is a non toxic shot thats heavier than lead and gives a good bit more range and a hell of a lot more knock down than steel , its expensive but for the amount of pinks I will shoot in a year I would rather have it up the spout.

A friend had the revo , it was too short for him too and they are on the light side for heavy loads , he had no real problems with it but soon sold it on.

The good points of loading your own carts. I bought a Slab each of 36g no1 and no3 shot Lightning carts season before last. Still had loads of Gambore carts so got enough for a few seasons at least.

Might look into loading my own in future.

The old Beretta A300 (300, 01, 02 & 03) could live years without cleaning and still functioning properly.

I have one back home it was my dad's first, A303 golden trigger, it's been there, still fully original (even the springs on the trigger are the same), for 34 years, never been serviced and only cleaned it once a year since he bought it ....

Personally, never (and I say Never :no: ) change a Beretta for a Benelli (considering they're the same thing now anyway) LOL, never mind an A300 series ... they are pure gold and one of these that come about once in a century or so ... :yes:

The good points of loading your own carts. I bought a Slab each of 36g no1 and no3 shot Lightning carts season before last. Still had loads of Gambore carts so got enough for a few seasons at least.

Might look into loading my own in future.

It is , if I could afford to load it in a 6 for the duck I would it's awesome stuff .

I put some pattern pics on here earlier in the year and was getting 80-85 % at 50 yards ( measured not guessed )