Using up geese

steve0146

Iv'e just sat down from making 6 goose breast into Jerky ,2 1/2 hours in the oven low heat with the fan on.did a bit of quality control whilst I cleaned up loverly jubly , thers a few good size peices of venison in the frezer also that need coverting into jerky or sausage ..

D.D.

Iv'e just sat down from making 6 goose breast into Jerky ,2 1/2 hours in the oven low heat with the fan on.did a bit of quality control whilst I cleaned up loverly jubly , thers a few good size peices of venison in the frezer also that need coverting into jerky or sausage ..

D.D.

What time is tea time? :lol:

Enjoy them.

Regards

H

Geese through a mincer is the best thing. Or about 8 hours in a slow cooker. Almost never pluck and roast them now unless I waste be giving one away.

Pork shoulder, goose, seasoning and a handful of crackers for rusk. All put through a mincer and into natural casings.

Where did you get the sausage casings ect? Did they work well? Look good!

They look great ! I'm just starting with this sausage mullarky, would that work with pork shoulder and rabbit ? and also why do you prefer the natural casing

Im new to it as well. I looked at the different casing and if its what the butchers use, thats good enough for me. Pork shoulder and rabbit would be good.