Cockerpoo?

teal27

What is it about a cocker X poodle that people like so much?

I was looking for a cocker pup for mine as a companion for her and cockerpoos are up

For a price from £400-£850 a pup! Do people really pay this?

many idiots spend hundreds of pounds on mongrels because they are "trendy", and they like to kick off when you explain to them what they have done. I think labradoodles were popular as they don't moult making them suitable for asthmatics and the like

I'm not sure if this will work in type, but it was hilarious at the time, but if you read the part of the 'big man' in a Welsh accent you may find it amusing.

While at the CLA, mate and me sat down at a table for a bite to eat and were joined by a very big man who plonked down his coffee with an 'Alright boys?'

We sat in silence for a few seconds while undoubtedly each of us thought of something to say while various dogs walked past. Big man broke the silence.

'Is that a Springador?' gesturing towards a nearby dog.

I looked for a while before saying;

'Not sure; I'm not really familiar with many of the new breeds'.

Then all was silent again while I thought what I could add to the conversation, then remembered a lady local to me who was dragged round the streets by her two dogs as if she were on skis, and I said,

'I know a lady with a couple of Labradoodles', quite pleased with myself for remembering this little useless snippet.

All went quiet again for a few seconds then big man said,

'I've got a Cockerpoo', and when it was obvious he had nothing to add all went quiet again. I looked at him and he seemed lost in reverie as he stared into the distance, then he suddenly said,

'******* useless it is!'

Mate and me cracked up; he said it with such heartfelt hurt it was hilarious. He just sat there with a wry smile on his face. Brilliant.

Edited by Scully

• 2 weeks later...

My ex and one of her cauldron stirring friends breed sproodles. All the hypo allergenic stuff is rubbish they moult like billy oh! They get all the bad bits of springers and poodles. And people pay £850 a pop for the bloody things! They reckoned they were breeding all sorts of weird and wonderful colours. Brown ghost merle was apparently the most beautiful thing you'd ever see. Looked like it had rolled in fox poo to me!

I like whippets and long dogs in general and went out and bought myself a beautiful silver brindle whippet puppy. Her parents had won at crufts and all that jazz and she turned out to be one of the most beautiful murderous little dogs you'd ever see. Rabbits didn't like her very much! But even with fantastic pedigree she still only cost me £350 and she was useful and hypoallergenic and nice to look at! And not a hyper nutcase mongrel.

• 2 weeks later...

Wife wants a dog "for her" since our old house dog (non working) died last year.

I got two working lurchers that live outside overnight and during the day and although the wife wants a dog for "her" I have said that as I am the person that feeds, walks and generally entertains the dogs what ever she brings into the house has to work, at least pick up pigeons etc

This is where she wanted one of these cockerpoos!... I refuse to pay the prices for such dogs as a fashion statement. I have seen them in the home and they are wappy! as above said seem to inherit all the bad bits from both breeds!

I was looking at a small Spanish water dog? Very biddable, I have heard, and great working dogs? any one had any experience?

They are great. In the morning they will be happy to not just bring you the paper but read it to you also ( they are very bright something to do with them being a hybrid)

When they poop on the lawn they will also pick it up bag it and dispose of it in the proper way

Make great gundogs and after the day they can clean and service the gun

Oh and you can breed as many litters as you want from a bitch coz they are not registered and as they fetch more than pure bred registered dogs they fetch more money

What more do you need to know?

They are great. In the morning they will be happy to not just bring you the paper but read it to you also ( they are very bright something to do with them being a hybrid)

When they poop on the lawn they will also pick it up bag it and dispose of it in the proper way

Make great gundogs and after the day they can clean and service the gun

Oh and you can breed as many litters as you want from a bitch coz they are not registered and as they fetch more than pure bred registered dogs they fetch more money

What more do you need to know?

**** It then! I'll take two!!!!

One to clean the truck down and put my gear away while the other cleans the guns and breasts out the pigeons!! :good::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Very amusing read this post 😂 I've got a 3 year old cockerpoo and a sprocker pup. The cockapoo worked last season beating and to be honest he was pretty good, definately shows the cocker within him. I must admit, the sprocker is seemingly easier to train at an early stage but this could just be down to having more experience now.. Mine doesn't malt at all, but when irritated he will pull out clumps of hair especially when he needs a cut. Absolutely useless at being left alone is the only gripe I have. Sprocker stays at home during the day and cockapoo goes to the mother in laws to keep the neighbours (and the dog) happy. I will admit I got mine before the fad really took off, and it seems now that they are classed as pure breeds! Complete rubbish, and to be honest if you want a working dog just get the real deal to start with (hence the sprocker pup)