Suzuki jimny

Squirrel73

I'm thinking about getting a cheap jimny for my pigeon/stalking outings and wondered if anyone has experience of these little 4x4's.

I only travel 60miles round trip and usually have one other person with me.

My main concern is the possible lack of room for all the gear. Thought I would ask on here to see what the opinion is on them. Any comments would be appreciated.

I have now done 70k miles in mine and love it !

If you buy cheap then rip the back seats out you will have pleanty of room for your kit, cab space as it were is small but for the short distances your on about I wouldnt worry. As with any 4x4 a good set of tyres as yourl be off roading, I am really pleased with my Maxxis AT Bravo 771 tyres at £66 a peice fitted and balanced.

Another bonus is in the cold they warm up quickly to give you a welocme thoring out !

ATB

Matt

28mpg doesn't seem a lot for a smaller 4 x4 is that ?

Cheers

Fielddweller

For short journeys (5-10 miles mostly), that's what I got from the Jimny.

For longer journeys ( Manchester to Fife was probably the farthest we did ), it averaged about 32mpg. That was with 2 adults, teenager and roofbox, though, so probably more normally. 2003 model.

I've ripped the back seats out of mine and boarded it out so plenty of room, mine is very rough around the edges but I didn't pay much for it and I don't mind if it ends up in a ditch.... Couldn't say that if it was a new 4x4.... Great motor

Tedly

It's a lovely car :)

I wanted to winch it up a tree lol but I never got a chance.

Atb

Youngie

Edited by Guest

It's a lovely car :)

I wanted to winch it up a tree lol but I never got a chance.

It's been parked up for a few months, due to work commitments..... Charged the battery over night and it started instantly.... Dropped it off at mot station.... Little bit of welding and all new brake pipes and its got a MOT ticket again, all for the grand sum of 180quid, cheap motoring.... Looks like I'll be keeping it for another year..... Happy days...

Tedly...

Ps, bet you miss her really youngie!!

Edited by Tedly47

I have one ,back seats out and split shelf so foot high bottom space and then the rest of the cab for top shelf,with half decent tyres on you will be surprised what it can get through,on the weekend mine was deep in mud and still plodding along.enough room for me all the decoy kit and the dog.