Hypothetical Situation.

Longbower

You are going out into the wilderness (Forest /Outback) for a year , you have shelter, water etc no electric , but will need to survive on

what you can scavenge or shoot for your food .

You are allowed an air rifle .

What would be your choice? And why ?

Edited by Longbower

I'd go for an HW77K. I used to have one, and when I was given it it had spent from 1989 to 2008 sitting in a barn with no care at all.

All of the bluing was rusted, but when tested it still put out 11-11.2 ft/lbs consistently, and would put pellet on pellet at 25-30 yards

Lol

Good points but I was thinking lighter. A springer though!

The HW95 may well be a contender but although I own one having never stripped it I don't know whether it would need a spring compressor or be easier than the 80, the point about clubbing is only partially said in jest. :lol::yes:

Funny how this has swung to fighting off bears!

Maybe due to a misconceived perception of security on this island.

In fact it is commonly accepted that most stores only have a few days worth of goods and the slightest wiff of trouble and people panic buy so should a disaster happen and you have an air rifle of any type it will be useful.

Granted, for many next doors cat would go missing and feral pigeon broth might mean all the difference betwixt life or death but many would not be able to cook it and if they did thugs would steal it from you, maybe even kill you for!

So my recommendation is to stop worrying about bears and think about how lazy we have all become!

Funny how this has swung to fighting off bears!

Maybe due to a misconceived perception of security on this island.

In fact it is commonly accepted that most stores only have a few days worth of goods and the slightest wiff of trouble and people panic buy so should a disaster happen and you have an air rifle of any type it will be useful.

Granted, for many next doors cat would go missing and feral pigeon broth might mean all the difference betwixt life or death but many would not be able to cook it and if they did thugs would steal it from you, maybe even kill you for!

So my recommendation is to stop worrying about bears and think about how lazy we have all become!

He never stated this country so in my head we're in Alaska haha Edited by winnie&bezza