Worse MPG !

mickyh

My ex colleague turned up at work yesterday in his (long awaited) new car.

Its been on order for about a year and up until his early retirement he's not stopped talking about it.

He managed his best ever MPG on the 25 mile journey to see us.

14 mpg Eek !

The car ?

A Yellow, with black 19" wheels 5.0 litre Ford Mustang.

My mate, Pete is 60 plus!

Good on you mate.

Enjoy your retirement

By the way, if you want to jump the queue, they are 10k more secondhand(unused) than new !

Can anyone beat 14 mpg ?

Edited by mickyh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be able to do better than that unless he has ordered something a bit exotic in the tuning options, the Mustang comes with many varients. A CL500 AMG Merc also has a 5litre V8 and that can given 30mpg quite easily on a run. Nice car though and who cares about the MPG?

My Aston only ever did about 20mpg tops and I found I started taking the van rather than fire it up when I went anywhere on my own, making the excuse to myself that the van needed a run on the motorway. The truth was though it started getting to me and it does over time.

There are other things though, his road tax is probably well into four figures (it was on the Aston) and the insurance will be ridiculous unless you restrict the milage on some owners club policy.

Edited by Vince Green

Should be able to do better than that unless he has ordered something a bit exotic in the tuning options . a CL500 AMG Merc also has a 5litre V8 and that can given 30mpg quite easily on a run. Nice car though and who cares about the MPG?

Bear in mind its only got 250 miles on the clock?

It's bound to improve, thing is on your Honymoon your going for it all the time!

0 to 100 in about 5 seconds bring it on please.

0 to 60 in 4.8 seconds- sorry I made a mistake?

That's pretty terrible tbh, I have a 1997 camaro SS that does 0-60 in 4.8 and averages 18mpg being driven like its stolen all the time, 14mpg is v8 supercharged 3ton range rover territory when it's floored, I think there is a difference in volume between USA gallons and uk gallons which might explain it a little but 14mpg is terrible

Had MK 2 Jaguar some years back, Had a Cracked Valve, 6 to the gallon, after a week going to work like that, I whipped the Head off, Valves were well out of it.. Replaced them with NEW ones, which my mate used to work at a valve factory, (Thank god).

Went Back to a Decent 24, seemed like the gauge never moved after that. :lol::lol:

A friend of mine had a Porsche Cayenne 'Turbo S' a few years ago. He reckoned 12 mpg on a motorway run, 10 mpg around town.

Needless to say, he sold it after a few months - even though he's very well off. He just got sick of filling it up daily (sometimes twice a day)

A friend of mine had a Porsche Cayenne 'Turbo S' a few years ago. He reckoned 12 mpg on a motorway run, 10 mpg around town.

Needless to say, he sold it after a few months - even though he's very well off. He just got sick of filling it up daily (sometimes twice a day)

My mate had the same car.He got it down to 6mpg towing a caravan.

He said he could leave most sports cars standing from 0-60mph even when towing.

A very long time ago when I lived near Blackpool I was persuaded by a mate to buy a Lincoln Continental MK4 , dirt cheap ,from a yank who was getting shipped back to the USA . Driven gently it did 8mpg , if I thrashed it 6mpg .It handled like a blacmange on stilts but the young ladies were seriously impressed , only ran it at weekends , used my 850 mini the rest of the week .I sold it at the end of the summer season to a French bloke who'd been entertaining on the peir all season , made a good profit too .

Edited by waterford103

If that's the one with the 3.0 V6 diesel then I would suggest that there is something wrong with it. It should do well over 30.

Yep, bought a 3.9 V8 new in 94 (well, almost new) and that averaged 16 round town. Yours is poorly sick it appears.