Pimping my Baikal

ditchman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know everyone laughs at these type and make of guns....but i will tell you something now...

1. they are built like a brick poo-house
  2. they are easy to take apart
  3. they are light....(single barrell anyway)
  4. they would (with a light cartridge) make a superb present as a first gun for a young person
  5. you can chop it about cause you only paid £30-£45

im going to have some fun with this decoying this year..........i will post some more when i pattern it...

finally CHEERS UNDERDOG for bringing me back into the real world........... :good:

post-11401-0-18387100-1454422002_thumb.jpg

yup no more polishing .......just and oily rag over it and some linseed oil in the wood ...and in about a year the metal as you know will "dull off" and the oil out of you hands will give some depth to the wood............as soon as it gets a bit warmer i will pattern it at 10 and 25 yards to see placement of shot

you got any idea what choke these have...are they as tight as the cosmos ?

I know everyone laughs at these type and make of guns....but i will tell you something now...

1. they are built like a brick poo-house
  2. they are easy to take apart
  3. they are light....(single barrell anyway)
  4. they would (with a light cartridge) make a superb present as a first gun for a young person
  5. you can chop it about cause you only paid £30-£45

im going to have some fun with this decoying this year..........i will post some more when i pattern it...

finally CHEERS UNDERDOG for bringing me back into the real world........... :good:

DM, contact Wabbitbosher, buy all his single barrel guns and pimp them all up, this time next year you could be a millionaire!!!!! :good::lol:

DM, contact Wabbitbosher, buy all his single barrel guns and pimp them all up, this time next year you could be a millionaire!!!!! :good::lol:

if a few people start looking for Baikal single WABITBOSHER will be a happy bunny...............they are truly a good first gun for a young person..with a light load :good:

i tell you what...........if i knew my dad had bought a silly old Baikal and took it apart with 2 differant screwdrivers and polished it up and stripped the wood and stained it and oiled it...then presented it to me for xmas or birthday..........i would be bloody well chuffed beyond belief............

doing this is well within the caperbilities of every father who is on pigeonwatch.....i would never attempt to pimp a good gun with nice wood cause i wouldnt do it justice and havnt the knowledge that a lot of lads have on this forum............this really is a good gun for the masses and whatever you do to it you cant hurt it...............so give it a go...

Looks great go on what did you use on the woodwork.I have a webley and scott hammer single barrel and wouldn't mind having a go on the stock.Action and barrel is perfect.Stock is a light beeches colour that doesn't look too good.

this is the first gun i ever had ...got it when i was 13.....i pimped up about 8 years ago had the barrell blacked and i polished the bolt and made a new extractor..............im not really happy with the wood ...i could have done better......

1. strip it....and i mean strip it...varnish is a sod to get out
  2. dry next to the fire for 2 days
  3. glue and clamp any cracks
  4. sand with rough sandpaper
  5. mix peruvian mahogany and jacobian oak stain together...(dont use waterbased stain)
  6. pour in dish and whilst the wood is warm and dry paint on with 2" soft brush
  7. let it dry
  8. paint again
  9. let it dry paint again
  10. let it dry and sand with fine paper
  11. paint again
  12. dry
  13. sand fine
  14. if the coulour is good and stable
  15. start oiling with a coloured oil using the palm of your hand to get heat into it
  16. do this several times
  17. do it more until you get worn out or board !!

post-11401-0-24879900-1454433467_thumb.jpg

yup no more polishing .......just and oily rag over it and some linseed oil in the wood ...and in about a year the metal as you know will "dull off" and the oil out of you hands will give some depth to the wood............as soon as it gets a bit warmer i will pattern it at 10 and 25 yards to see placement of shot

you got any idea what choke these have...are they as tight as the cosmos ?

Don't know mine are full but years ago I had one in half choke. Got verniers? If it is around .690" its full!

Nice job you've done there, ditchman.

They are a great little gun.

i bought it new....couldnt afford the "de-luxe" model with the chequering..........so i paid £13-9s-4d....which included purchase tax...................

for the first 2 or so years i sat under an old polled oak tree next to the muck heap dropping pigeons as they alighted on the branches....and on my way back home once i shot a hare stone dead (it got up infront of me and i shot it at about 10 yds)...and 2 mins later the same thing happened with a big cock pheasant and that was the first bird i ever shot flying..........and ive been bitten by shooting eversince..............