End of season result.

Fat bloke

Hi massive, long time no post.

After Seeing an advert in my local paper seeking a gun on a small localish shoot I called up straight away only to of missed the place by 15minutes. Story of my life, but wished them well for the coming season and offered mine and my dogs services as beaters should they ever need them.

Anyway, to cut along story, we were needed and have had a lovely time helping out on the shoot, met a really nice group of gentlemen and made to feel very welcome.

On this shoot there is not a beaters day, but was kindly offered a place in the line by one of the guns. I declined his generous offer as in all honesty I was having a great time beating with my dog that I was more than happy.

After the final drive on Saturday the shoot captain passed over the usual tip and then kindly offered that I can attend the roost shooting in Feb, this I gracefully accepted. He thanked me for my hard work over the season then dropped the lovely news that anytime I want to shoot the pigeons over the farms that we shoot over I can help myself and recommended who to talk to concerning local knowledge of the lines, best spots etc.

Turns out to be a gun on the shoot who had expressed his appreciation of what I thought of as normal such as always offering to carry the quarry back to the carts etc.

Anyway, another perm, great season and new acquaintances.

Regards.

Fatty