Rabbit outing

la bala

Land Rover passed its MOT today so thought i would have a couple of hours out with the .22 rimfire. I havnt been out since November, I think with me shooting 3 and 4 times a week last year and with the mixy, my permissions just about got exhausted. I got to one of my favourite sites, poured the tea, lit the roll up and got comphy. Now i dont normally zero unless the rifle goes off aim, but i was pondering zeroing as i hadnt used it for so long. My mind was made up pretty quickly as my first rabbit showed. I pinged the rabbit with the range finder and got 97 yds, now if this rabbit was out on crop or grass i would feel quite comfortable and able to head shoot it, but this one was sitting no more than 2 feet away from brambles. Now with past experiences and as many of you know, if you head shoot a rabbit anywhere near cover the rabbit will finish up being lost due to its nervous system gymnastics.Rifle on window rest, heart shot, one dead and still rabbit at 97 yds. This made up my mind about zeroing, i wasnt going to bother. Another rollup and cup of tea later, no more than half hour, another 86 yd rabbit fell to a heart shot. The next hour was just watching and day dreaming, do i buy 17 hmr i have a slot for, i have been pondering this for close on three years now, i suppose i dont need one that bad or i would have had one by now. As an hour had gone by i decided to move, that was a wrong decision, as soon as i turned the key a rabbit popped out of a ditch and back in again. I thought i will give it another half hour, i am glad i did, within 10 minutes it was back out and well away from the ditch, this gave me a 70 yd head shot. Not wanting to be greedy on my first day out i called it a day. I have had my CZ 452 now for 7-8 years, i wouldnt change it for anything

Had my CZ 452 American for nearly ten years now and i would not part with it. Iv'e never cleaned the barrel or mod.

Just scrubbed the chamber out a few times and stripped the bolt down and cleaned it only because i had a few spent cases sticking.

It always shoots spot on. Its all i need for rabbiting.