Spring pistols.

Underdog

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old Wembley senior .22 shoots wasps at 400-410 ish fps. That's over five ft lbs. and it's much niceer to shoot and more powerful that my .177 tempest, which is truly horrid by comparison. BSA scorpion pistols can do over five ft lbs in .22 also and maybe milbro cougar?

That is good going!

BSA also did a "magnum" spring pistol-powerful but you would be lucky to hit a Cows bum in a barn with it.

:lol::lol: :lol:

I cant honestly understand why anyone would like an air pistol,, I just cant see the sense in buying something that will not group tighter than a bin lid over 10 yrds , my buddy has one but the ONLY reason he uses it is for dispatch, he wouldn,t use it to try and shoot vermin because no matter what pellet he uses it is just to wide a group over 5 yrds,

in my eyes they are a total waste of money,,unless you pay good money for a competition pistol,

underdog,,, use your loaf and save the money mate and put it towards a decent PCP rifle :lol::lol: :lol: :good:

lets be honest UD, you was resting your camera on your rifle to take them shots/pics

to hit a rabbit with a pistol you must have had the end of the barrel down the hole and when you felt it move you pulled the trigger,

but well shot

lets be honest UD, you was resting your camera on your rifle to take them shots/pics

to hit a rabbit with a pistol you must have had the end of the barrel down the hole and when you felt it move you pulled the trigger,

but well shot

The first two were between 10&20 yds IIRC.

The springer was under 10yds.

If you move real slow it is amazing what you can see.

When we are foxing out the jimney I use to take a pistol for a squat tight rabbit out the window. Had a few.

I have the smk xs26 something or other. It's .22 and there about 5-5.5ftlbs. Quite accurate enough to 10 yards or so and reminds me rather a lot of the bsa scorpion pistol of old.

It was £50 new and has provided hours of fun plinking in the garden. About 1 inch groups at 10 yards are common and tins cans aren't safe at 30 where it will go through both sides with ease.

I have the smk xs26 something or other. It's .22 and there about 5-5.5ftlbs. Quite accurate enough to 10 yards or so and reminds me rather a lot of the bsa scorpion pistol of old.

It was £50 new and has provided hours of fun plinking in the garden. About 1 inch groups at 10 yards are common and tins cans aren't safe at 30 where it will go through both sides with ease.

That sounds more like it, where did you get it from?