Silenced 410 or none silenced

Kev12g

Hi lads is there much difrent even in the silenced 410 compared to the normal 410s ..I'm looking in to buying a 410 if I can find a good deal on one on here or on gun watch to get my lad out with me roost shooting and bolting rabbits and mainly just to get him of the bloody computer. Are the silenced 410,s worth the extra money that they ask for when the come up for sale ?

No is isn't to much of a problem as we use ear protection but it will be beneficial on farms were the neighbouring farms and local houses arnt to happy about shooting early mornings I have looked at the over and under and also the side by sides but for some reason I tend to favour the look of the silenced ones

Cheers lad made my mind up on getting my lad a silenced.....and me a non silenced lol best of both worlds lol ...what price should I be looking at for a s/h silenced 410 ?

Where abouts are you?

There is Baikal Hushpower for sale around Beds area on PW, £250, near mint.

I paid £325 new.

Please don't try and make an uninterested kid like shooting by giving him a moderated 410. He won't get on with it, they are long, heavy have a very unnatural sight picture a 410 is a tough gun to shoot full stop, you have very little shot and no room for error. He will miss more than he hits and quickly lose interest, a 20 with a cut down stock with light clay loads will be much more fun

But on the other hand I've had the pedretti hushpower in .410 and now have had the mossberg one for about two years the pedretti one was very easy to shoot as the moderator is all the way back to the breach so there is no step up so gives a more natural sight picture and very quite. Where the mossberg is harder to shoot but soon as you get the hang of it the whole quietness really do shine and brings more kills. 8 shoot orchards with them and take a 12g one shot and you walk around for a hour and see nothing where with the hushpower guns you can pop a pigeon 20 yards further up there be a rabbit sat there unaware a shot has gone off

Hello mate .

I have used a .410 for yrs and yrs and had a great deal of success with it . I use mine for crows and pigeons and had afternoons were i have shot over the ton both crows and pigeon . For the past yr or so i moved onto the moderated mossberg 3 shot pump and love it . However its NOT a gun i would be giving a new shooter . The point of aim and sight picture is like nothing else out there and will take some time getting used to it . If ever! The balance is so wrong on these little pumps too .like already has been said there are much better starter guns out there .

Good luck with whatever you go for .

Edited by stevo

Hi lads is there much difrent even in the silenced 410 compared to the normal 410s ..I'm looking in to buying a 410 if I can find a good deal on one on here or on gun watch to get my lad out with me roost shooting and bolting rabbits and mainly just to get him of the bloody computer. Are the silenced 410,s worth the extra money that they ask for when the come up for sale ?

This sort of thing has been covered a lot on here before. It all depends on his age / size where you use it and such like. 410 isn't the best tool. I'd go for a 20 or better a 12 light loaded.