Silenced 410 or none silenced

Kev12g

To be fair evern with 21 g carts in a 12 or 20 I still think it will give him quiet a kick as he is built like a butchers pencil...as for him missing most of what he shoot the main thing he will be shooting at is cans and paper targets so missing will not be much of a problem...then once I am 100 percent sure he can handle a bit more kick I will then advance him to a 12 with 21 gram loads.....

I do understand what you guys mean tho about him been dishartend if he keeps missing so I'll keep him at can and paper targets then move him on to squirrels

Thanks for all advice

I made the same mistake, I was trying to get my lad in to shooting so got him a silenced .410 so the noise didn't put him off but he couldn't hit anything with it! I tried to show him the error of his ways and I couldn't hit anything with it either! Luckily I had a single shot 12g at hand and found he is better with that then I am! I keep the .410 for stationary targets like rats around the bins or the odd roosting pigeon so not a complete waste of money.

The 20g O/U shoots flat.[/quote

So does the .410 thats why i.say if you can see your target your miss .

BB a little tip you could try is to put a little.spot of tipex on the back of the sound mod to simulate a front bead ( once you have got used to the POA you can wipe it off without a trace )

The 20g O/U shoots flat.[/quote

So does the .410 thats why i.say if you can see your target your miss .

BB a little tip you could try is to put a little.spot of tipex on the back of the sound mod to simulate a front bead ( once you have got used to the POA you can wipe it off without a trace )

What I meant is that you look straight down the tube with your eye the same height as the bead off it. I don't try and look thru the tube as if it wasn't there. The centre of the pattern is the top of the bead. It's no different to shooting a normal gun to be honest but I have fitted a very low bead to it. I also have a Pedretti single Husher that does shoot low for some reason.

Or just pick him up a single barrel 12g light weight and you will find loads for around £20 pound hull compX 21g cartridges cut down the stock bingo cheap will kill pigeons and rabbits and will be light

+1. I got my boys a single barrel 12g and loaded up some 21 gram cartridges, worked fine no problems.

just read this thread with great interest,I just bought myself a Baikal .410 hushpower on Monday,took it out Tuesday and fired a box af shells in about an hour at crows flying over the farm yard while we were ratting with the terriers,didnt hit one single crow,gonna take some time getting used to it...........so the middle of the pattern is at the top of the bead,is that correct?.i even had a couple of shots at a tin can,completely missed

just read this thread with great interest,I just bought myself a Baikal .410 hushpower on Monday,took it out Tuesday and fired a box af shells in about an hour at crows flying over the farm yard while we were ratting with the terriers,didnt hit one single crow,gonna take some time getting used to it...........so the middle of the pattern is at the top of the bead,is that correct?.i even had a couple of shots at a tin can,completely missed

You need to get a big square of cardboard and see where then pattern is.

You need to get a big square of cardboard and see where then pattern is.

Agree 100%

Trying to give someone advice is a nightmare to a degree as We all have differnt sight pictures .

Its all well and good me saying do this and do that but that only works to a point . As chances are you will see something differnt to me when looking down the barrel . Like sitsinhedges says get it on some paper .

Edited by stevo