Jackets, how's your new one been this season,

ratty1

£175 new wasn't it, a couple of years ago. I saw it in International Firearms in Woodford Bridge, it must of been on the rack for years and mentioned it via PM to IG, when he was looking for one.

thanks to penelope i also have one of these, love it, no zips, it will probably see me out if Im not tempted to sell it silly money on ebay :hmm:

Christ, I've just had a look! Unbelievable :oops::hmm: !

Your not joking on the price of the longshoreman, 400 plus.

Edited by Penelope

£175 new wasn't it, a couple of years ago. I saw it in International Firearms in Woodford Bridge, it must of been on the rack for years and mentioned it via PM to IG, when he was looking for one.

Christ, I've just had a look! Unbelievable :oops::hmm: !

second hand and I paid £90 for it, there one on ebay nearly £500 :) They do look oldfashioned but that goes with my gun and my face, keeps the worst of hebridean weather out and thats all that matters

I had a look on the duck dri website, doesn't give alot of info, none of them seem that suitable for fowling. Hard to tell from the pictures.

Unfortunately the manufacturers ceased making advantage 'wetlands' camo cloth several years ago, so this Duck dri coat would no longer be available!........... That gives an indication of how long I've had it???

Not everyone's cup of tea I know and only really posted as these suppliers are not the ones that we normally see mentioned.

I have this:

http://www.copshopuk.com/karrimor-sf-hurricane-4-tornado-fleece

which I wear stand alone for spring/summer/autumn foxing at night, or under this when things turn nasty:

http://www.pri-international.co.uk/stealth-jacket.html

I bought myself one of those Prologic carp fishing combos in a digital reed camo colour. Sallopettes and a jacket with a wired peaked hood. Quilted so it's toasty warm and completely waterproof. Like being in a tent in a heavy downpour. You can also buy them separately I think. £60 from ebay for the lot

Edited by Sportingrodandgun

I bought myself one of those Prologic carp fishing combos in a digital reed camo colour. Sallopettes and a jacket with a wired peaked hood. Quilted so it's toasty warm and completely waterproof. Like being in a tent in a heavy downpour. You can also buy them separately I think. £60 from ebay for the lot

Cool, thanks for posting, I was just looking at one of these for next season!

Can't really see how you can go wrong for the price.

Can you post a link please :good:

edited to say found it.

Edited by harrycatcat1

I must have over a half dozen that never worked for long that I now just use for other less demanding things than wildfowling.

I now wear a waterproof from the local farm supplies depo

Cost about £ 14 it's dull green I can hose the mud off it and it don't leak

I wear it as a shell over base layers in the coldest vidule I might add a duck down waist coat under it with a big woolen sweater

Done being conned out of £ 100 or greater each season only to end up with leaks. Difficult washing procedures. Broken or corroded zippers

I think the most expensive coat I bought was about £ 300 that is equivalent of more than a dozen of these and they just don't ladt

I wear one of the Ocean Comfort jackets its a spongy type of PVC material that is warm to the touch and very waterproof they cost around £60

The only downside is it does not have any pockets, it took a while to get used to but its fine now,

Pockets can create as many problems as solutions