question about clay grounds in hertfordshire and bringing friends.

laphsi

Hi All,

A newbie here, been shooting for about 6 months and recently got my SGC and an over and under a couple of weeks ago. I live near the A1 ground but AGL is also reachable. I have a friend who is thinking of taking up clay shooting as well , would I be able to bring him along to A1 or AGL with me. Would they allow him to shoot some stands using my gun obviously under my supervision?

Any advice highly appreciated.

cheers

You will be OK to bring your friend to the A1, please let us know when you book in that you are a novice, and that your friend does not have a SGC.

If you make yourself known to me "Terry" I can direct you to stands that would maybe suit your requirements, especially if your friend has not shot before.

Please remember to bring your SGC along with you.

Terry

Hi All,

A newbie here, been shooting for about 6 months and recently got my SGC and an over and under a couple of weeks ago. I live near the A1 ground but AGL is also reachable. I have a friend who is thinking of taking up clay shooting as well , would I be able to bring him along to A1 or AGL with me. Would they allow him to shoot some stands using my gun obviously under my supervision?

Any advice highly appreciated.

cheers

Do you really believe that you are suitably qualified to supervise him to shoot without incident, or without any 'damage' to him due to gunmounting, stance etc. At least do him a favour and get some 21 gram cartridges. You could ask if the ground offer a 'starter' package whereby your friend could start off with a suitably qualified Instructor and 25 clays. At least he will probably WANT to come again !